Hostess Coaching Tips To Ensure A Successful Home Party
As Direct Sales consultants, it's our job to provide hostess coaching. This can be done in-person, by phone or via email.
Not sure how to do hostess coaching? Here are some easy tips.
Before The Party
1. Thank your new host for booking a home party. Give he/she the party planning packet. Inside the packet you should include a guest list, invitations (if he/she is mailing them out), 3 catalogs, 10 order forms (for outside orders), business opportunity flyer, 10 business cards, consultant contact information sheet and a pen.
2. Set the dates - you need 1 date for the host to get the guest list back to you (if you are mailing the invitations), and 1 date for the party. Make sure you both get a written copy of these important dates.
3. Contact the host 1 week after the booking to follow up and to confirm. Answer any questions and give additional information if needed.
4. Contact the host 1 week before the party date. Have your host send out reminders to his/her guests.
5. Call 24-48 hours before the party. Get directions and confirm how many guests will be attending.
Offering Incentives To Help With Hostess Coaching
1. Give a free gift for booking on the spot! Offering an immediate reward starts the excitement early.
2. Give a free gift for getting the guest list back to you in a timely manner.
3. Offer a free product for having 10 outside orders before you arrive.
These gifts can be inexpensive little items.
After The Party
1.Call the host 24 hours after the party to thank them. Let them know when to expect product delivery.
2. Send a thank you card by postal mail.
3. Contact your hosts every 3 months to get re-bookings or referrals.
Following these coaching tips will help to ensure a successful home party. If it's a positive experience, the more likely it is that he/she will re-book another party with you.
Shelly Hill has been working from home in Direct Sales since 1989 and is a manager with Tupperware. You can contact Shelly at:
Recipe Blog: http://wahmshelly.blogspot.com