[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Catalog Parties

Catalog Parties

Share your best tips on booking home parties!

Catalog Parties

Postby mdpathome » Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:02 pm

I'd like to do more catalog parties, any suggestions on how to get more bookings for these parties. So far, everyone I've asked doesn't seem interested.
mdpathome

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:36 am

Hi! , you can put a prize in a paper bag , decorative bag and on the outside write "CATALOG PARTY" , Tell your guests that if they start a catalog party ,they can take the bag home with them!
You can also have Catalog party Hostess packets ready to go , put somewhere between 6-10 order forms, Catalogs , a sheet of any specials for Hostesses and customers specials , maybe a sample or two , discuss them at your shows and how convienient they can be , tell them it's less hassle for the same benefits as an in home show , but always emphasize that a home show is the way to go! Simply because the guests can see all the features and appeal of your merchandise , hope this will help , Lisa with Spice It Up Parties

Catalog Shows

Postby LisaS » Sat May 01, 2004 11:53 am

First I try to talk the guest out of the catalog! Explain why.
Its easier just to have everyone at 1 time, then you trying to get catalogs to everyone. Plus.. I tell her.. my avearage catalog show is $200. my average home show is $500 or more!.... So in the end she works harder to earn her FREE merchandise!

Lisa Sohn
Comforts of Home
Where Life and Stlye Come Together
LisaS

catalog parties

Postby samantha » Sun May 02, 2004 8:47 pm

Personally, I love catalog parties and find them easy to book compared with home parties. BUT- I find that I get a lot of disappointments as far as people never turning them in. Lots of times I give out the info. and never hear from the person again. (Even if they were excited to do it.)
I don't know why...
I Try to use them as a last resort. Better a book party than nothing, but I agree with the writer who suggested asking for a home party first.
samantha

confused

Postby MegMerchant » Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:53 am

Megan::Barefoot Books
Stallholder #US-1001223
www.barefootbooks.com
MegMerchant

Answer to your catalog party question

Postby homepartygirl » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:39 am

-:¦:- -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ My job's a party... -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* what's yours like?
homepartygirl

Postby MegMerchant » Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:28 pm

Megan::Barefoot Books
Stallholder #US-1001223
www.barefootbooks.com
MegMerchant

book parties

Postby Debbers » Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:00 pm

:lol: Hi I`ve done a few book parties some cases they work great . another way to go is I offer my home . Some ladies don`t have time to do a party . It works out great , and you don`t have to go anywere. :lol:
Debbers

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:40 pm

I agree with Debbers
I have had many, many parties right at my own house. Sometimes when I attempt to book a party with someone, I get the "I live in a small apartment" or whatever.

There are benefits to holding at your home for both you and your hostes....
Hostess: doesn't need to clean the house, it's a night out for her as well as her friends
You: don't need to go out, may have more product at home than you than you want to lug out (I had this with a prior business).

As far as book/catalog parties go, I think they can be very successful but you need to put the effort into it just like you were going out to do a show, follow up w/ the hostess, make suggestions on where she can get orders, make a wish list with her so she has a goal, incent her to aim higher. Just like with a home party, the success depends on how good your hostess is an how well you've coached her.

Have a great day! :P
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Catalogue Parties

Postby rebecca » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:59 am

rebecca

Postby propartyplan.com » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:03 pm

Marlo Quinn!! Ground Floor Opportunity
http://www.marloquinn.com/naturalglow
ProPartyPlan.Com-Resources for those in direct sales, party plan, work at home business...
Check us out at: http://www.propartyplan.com
propartyplan.com

Postby jewelryladi » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:20 am

In my line, we don't do catalog parties without a mini-kit. The kit has books, order forms, and a roll with about 6 pieces of jewelry in it. The hostess signs a card stating she's responsible for anything that is lost. Jewelry is different from a lot of products because it doesn't photograph much. Many of our bright, shiny silver jewelry looks white in the book!

I'm toying with making an "interactive gift guide." (Does she like blue? Check out page 22. Is she a golden girl? Check out page 30) but I wonder if it's just too much for people.
jewelryladi

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:51 am

Hi Everyone....

Have you ever been to a Belinda Ellsworth seminar? She is amazing!

Anyways... a tip on catalog parties from her.... she suggests that when someone books a catalog party support her in that decision, coach her through the process & set up a date/time to pick up all the orders/money -you will bring some of your products to show her and help her pick out her free goodies. She of course is welcome to invite a few friends to actually see your product as well (presto - home party). Often times, these 3 or 4 friends will order more than the entire catalog party.

Hope this helps someone! :wink:
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby Petlane » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:59 pm

Petlane brings the pet store to your front door!
http://www.petlane.com/belinda.hoosech
Why *IS* Smilin' Jake smilin'? Could it be his kibble?
http://www.frrco.com/140b
Meet the dog who was hung 367 times--and then hung!
http://www.smilinjake.com
Petlane

Return to Booking Tips