[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - cluless about websites

cluless about websites

Share your best "online" marketing tips!

cluless about websites

Postby sam » Sat May 01, 2004 3:15 pm

I want my own site but I have no idea where to start. Do I pay someone to design it? Do I pay a monthly fee? I don't have a clue, please help!
sam

Postby angienewton » Sat May 01, 2004 7:13 pm

Sam,
Welcome!

What type of business do you have?

You can either pay a web designer (there are a ton of work at home moms who do this so you would be supporting them which is good) or you could design your own. I personally use www.buyyoursite.com and in the beginning I was clueless but over the past few months I'm amazed at how much I have learned and although I am still working on my site, It's not that bad if I do say so myself. LOL

As far as a monthly fee, I think hosting is a monthly fee and you'll need a domain name which is not expensive at all. I can give you info for a web designer I know who has great prices (I haven't used her but probably will in the future).

HTH~
~Angie~

angienewton

please post info.

Postby sam » Sat May 01, 2004 9:13 pm

Hi! Thanks for the info. Please post the info. for the designer, i am going to look into that. Thanks a bunch!!!
sam

Postby angienewton » Tue May 04, 2004 6:32 pm

Hi Sam,

The web designer I was talking about is Chris at www.CreativeChrisDesigns.com.

If you talk to her, let her know Angie from IL sent you ;)
~Angie~

angienewton

ILeaseMySite.com

Postby Madness » Fri May 28, 2004 4:28 pm

Hello,

I am well aware of the problems in getting a website and the necessity to have one.

There is a company http://www.ileasedmysite.com that builds websites cheap and leases them out so low expense and no commitment- they have done a lot of different home party sites and know what is needed. Additionally, they build sites for the home party company and then have a program where the companies reps can have a site as well very very cheap.

I highly recommend them.

Autumn
Ask me what all the buzz is about!!! http://www.midnitemadness.com
Madness

Easy Website Builder

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:46 am

Hi you can get a website package that comes wth an easy website builder
for $10 a month you get a .ws domain name, website, hosting and 10 email accounts. And of course you could always hire someone to design it for you. If your interested go to: www.wahopps.ws

Postby candy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:21 am

hi sam. i have a hosting/domain business at www.elitewebsource.com While you can pay someone to design/upload it, you don't have to. All of my hosting packages come with an easy website builder with thousands of templates and options that you can customize for your own site.

let me know if you have specific questions....i'd be glad to help. The packages start at around $4 per month, which includes the domain, hosting, and all the extras to make your site!! :)
Candy

candy

Postby brooketrout » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:11 pm

I had no idea either when I made my website for a spa buisness that I run out of my home. So what I did was go to yahoo.com and all you do is pick a format and just put in your own info. I could not believe how eay it was and alot of people comment on it all the time. They think that I really went into alot of work. Probably took me an hour or two. You can tak a look at it. www.nailsbybrooke.com :D :D
brooketrout

Return to Marketing Tips - Online