Do you have what it takes to be a good Direct Sales recruite

Share your best Home Party Plan Recruiting Tips!

Do you have what it takes to be a good Direct Sales recruite

Postby ravish30 » Sun May 17, 2009 5:25 pm

Do you have what it takes to be a good Direct Sales recruiter?

When it comes to recruiting in Direct Sales, not everyone is a born leader or recruiter. To become efficient with leading and recruiting, you need to first educate yourself on what it takes to lead a quality Direct Sales team.

In this article, I would like to discuss and point out what I think it takes to be a Direct Sales Recruiter and Team Leader.

1. Lead By Example: You will need to lead your team by setting a good professional example. Where the leader goes, the team will follow. What the leaders does, the team will do.

You can not expect your team to be out doing home parties, selling products, recruiting and doing fundraisers if you yourself are not out doing them.

You need to lead your team and set an example of what they should be doing.

2. Time Management: When it comes to managing a Direct Sales team, you will need to set aside time every day to assist your team. You will need to answer emails, take phone calls, do team training, and hold team meetings.

When you bring in new members to your team, it is not solely your uplines responsibility to train them, some of the responsibility also falls upon the person who has recruited them.

Ask yourself, Do I have time to take on new team members at this point and time? If you are leading a really busy life, then perhaps you should refrain from recruiting, at least at this particular time.

3. Knowledge: If you are going to start recruiting new team members into your Direct Sales business, you need to first educate yourself on your Direct Sales Company policies. You should know the policy inside and out before recruiting new teammates.

New team members will be full of questions for you before and after they join your team. It will be your job to answer these questions.

Way too often, I see people join a Direct Sales Business and immediately (within days) are out advertising and trying to recruit new team members, often times before their consultant business kit has been delivered to them. There is no possible way that this recruiter knows enough about the company to provide correct information to any of their newly recruited consultants.

4. Experience: Being a successful team leader also deals with experience. You will be responsible for teaching your new teammates how to demonstrate products, how to advertise their businesses, how to deal with their customers, how to manage their consultant web sites and more.

I recommend that before you go out and start recruiting that you take time out to gain some experience and to educate yourself on all of these business areas before recruiting new teammates. When it comes to business, experience does count!

5. Longevity: How long do you foresee yourself in this business? Is this a short term or long term business for you? If you are in it for the long term, then yes, you should be recruiting. If you are doing your business just as a short term thing to earn some pocket change, then no, you should not be recruiting.

When new consultants join a Direct Sales business, they want to be joining a team that will be there for the long run. As a consultant, there is nothing more irritating than being shoved around from team to team because their previous leader(s) have left the business.

6. People Person: Do you enjoy being around people? Are you outgoing? Do you enjoy talking to people? Helping people?

As a Direct Sales team leader, you will be communicating with people every day, so if you have a shy and reserved personality, then maybe recruiting and leading a team isn't for you.

There are a lot of things to consider when it comes to recruiting and being a team leader, today I have only scratched the surface. I hope it has given you a few things to think about before you start building your team.

Shelly Hill has been working from home in Direct Sales since 1989 and is a Manager with Tupperware. You can contact Shelly at:
Web: http://www.classybusinesswomen.com
Web: http://my.tupperware.com/Ravish30
Recipe Blog: http://wahmshelly.blogspot.com
ravish30

Return to Recruiting Tips