6 Responsibilities Of A Direct Sales Team Leader

Share your best Home Party Plan Recruiting Tips!

Postby ravish30 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:14 am

As a Direct Sales Manager, I can personally tell you that managing a large team can be a difficult balancing act. It all boils down to being organized as a leader.

I recommend that you create a business schedule. On this schedule, you want to mark off blocks of time, where you will be working on specific tasks, relating to managing your team. Here are the 6 tasks you need to focus on.

1. Communication.

As a leader, it's your job to communicate with your group. This communication can be done by phone, email, postal mail, and in-person local meetings. I recommend that you communicate with your members once a week.

2. Motivation and Encouragement.

Dream boards are excellent tools for staying on track and providing motivation. Teach your consultants how to use dream boards. It could be as simple as...when you wake up in the morning walk over to your dream board and say out loud with confidence while pointing to the items "I want to drive a Mercedes Benz". "I want to put a down payment on a new home within 6 months," and so on. When they are done, have them list their goals for today only. They are going to learn how to grow their business one day at a time, so the goals should be attainable. Encourage them to forge ahead to make it happen.

3. Professionalism.

As a leader, it is your job to set forth a professional example. A strong and healthy team is built on professionalism. I recommend keeping your relationship with members on a business level.

4. Share Your Knowledge.

If you are building a downline, it is your job to help train them. You can hold one on one or group training sessions at your home or at another location. The more time you spend educating and training your team about the business, the more successful they will be.

5. Time.

Give the gift of 'time' to your team. You need to realize that a certain amount of time every day needs to be spent on working with your downline. This can be in the form of training, answering emails, taking phone calls, publishing a newsletter, assisting them with parties and offering your help when they need it.

6. Reward and Appreciation.

Reward your consultants for a job well done. When they reach goals or milestones within the business, reward them with a gift that you have personally selected for them. This shows that you appreciate them and their hard work. In addition, it can provide a great incentive for them to acheive the next level.

Managing a team isn't hard nor difficult, it just requires your time and some organizational skills. If you build a strong relationship with your consultants, they will respond in a positive way.

Shelly Hill has been working from home in Direct Sales since 1989 and is a Manager with Tupperware. You can contact Shelly at:
Web: http://www.classybusinesswomen.com
Web: http://my.tupperware.com/Ravish30
Recipe Blog: http://wahmshelly.blogspot.com
ravish30

Return to Recruiting Tips