Direct Sales - The Importance Of Team Motivation And Recogni

Share your best Home Party Plan Recruiting Tips!

Direct Sales - The Importance Of Team Motivation And Recogni

Postby ravish30 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:34 am

Direct Sales - The Importance Of Team Motivation And Recognition

As a Direct Sales team leader, it is our job to motivate and encourage our group members to reach their business goals and to recognize their efforts for a job well done.

When it comes to motivating your team, there are many little things you can do to provide that inspiration to them to strive for bigger and better things with their home business. Here are a few ideas that I like to use.

1. Emails - You can send daily or weekly motivational short stories, articles and business quotes to your group. To give it a personal connection, tack on a short story or quote that pertains to you and your business directly.

2. Books - These can be in-print or e-books. You could offer them as a reward by challenging your members to reach a certain business goal. Their obvious prize would be to receive the book for free.

3. Meetings and/or Chats - I suggest holding offline meetings or online chats for your downline group. I love attending my uplines meetings and chats as its a great way to learn new ideas, share with my fellow teammates and I get really motivated to continue to strive forward with my own home business.

It is equally important to recognize the efforts and accomplishments of your team members. Here are a few ideas that I like to utilize with my own group.

1. You could challenge your new teammate to obtain xyz amount in party sales and xyz amount in home party bookings during their first 30 days in the business. If they meet or exceed this challenge, offer them a reward. This can be a free product, free business supplies or a gift card.

2. Hold a monthly recruiting blitz for your team. You could reward the person who signed up the most new recruits with a prize.

3. Challenge your team to out-book you on home parties! This will motivate you and your team. A little healthy competition between you and your team is always a great motivator. If your team books more parties than you, reward them with a pizza party.

4. Its always fun to hold monthly personal sales challenges. You could reward every member who reaches xyz amount of sales that month with a prize or you could just award a prize to the member who had the highest sales for the month.

One of the most important jobs of a team leader is to motivate, support and recognize your teammates for a job well done. By recognizing them for their business efforts, it helps to build a stronger relationship with them. It lets them know that you appreciate them and their dedication to the business.

Shelly Hill has been working from home in Direct Sales since 1989 and is a Manager with Tupperware. Shelly has been leading her own Direct Sales team since 2003. You can visit Shelly online at http://www.workathomebusinessoptions.com for additional free business articles and Direct Sales tips.
ravish30

Return to Recruiting Tips