[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Aurastella? Morgan Dane? Inspiranza Designs? Silpada?

Aurastella? Morgan Dane? Inspiranza Designs? Silpada?

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

Aurastella? Morgan Dane? Inspiranza Designs? Silpada?

Postby ksbell » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:34 am

How old you are is your business... How old you LOOK is MINE!
http://www.beautipage.com/kim_bell

Get Paid to Get Fit!!
www.milliondollarbody.com/fitcoachkim
www.bellybusterdiet.com
ksbell

Postby FACJeweler » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:23 pm

Hi Kim,

You have posed some great questions. I am not with any of the four companies you are looking into, so I hope it is okay that I respond and try to be helpful to you. :wink:

I chose Fifth Avenue Collection Jewelry for the following reasons:

*It is high-quality (would I buy it?)
*Nickel-free (I was so happy to find fashion jewelry that I could actually wear. I am so sensitive that I will react within 30 seconds!)
*Having a selection of rhodium, gold, copper, pearl and hematite finishes (to offer a choice and appeal to many people)
*Having classic, and trendy designs both (again to appeal to many)
*Solid company (20 years in business, but new to US market) (takes the stress out of building a business, only to see it close its doors, although there are no guarantees anymore). LOL
*No pressure to have a minimum # of shows to "qualify" (I like being able to work the business at my pace and not be penalized
*Immediate income and delivery at the shows (I don't like making already busy moms and career women needing one more thing to do, and I don't have time to make deliveries, etc.
*Natural gemstones (I just like beautiful things ifound in nature)
*Constantly changing selection of pieces to choose from (I constantly have something new to show my customers, friends, etc)(Keeps things fresh all the time, so even if you came to a show 4 times per year, it would be impossible to have "seen it all" since, no consultant can carry the entire line. Pieces sell out and retire quickly and everyone has a different inventory selection
*Very generous/fair compansation plan (can't talk much about it here, but it was a big factor in why I chose this company)

Reactions? Well, so far, I have not had a negative reaction from anyone who likes jewelry. Again, it goes back to having a range to pick from. Do I love silver? You BET! Would I only limit myself to selling it? Not at this time from a business stand-point. Are the other companies awesome? You bet! There are so many fun jewelry companies to choose from. I find there is something I like about nearly ALL of them. My best advice is sell something YOU are excited about, because it is your enthusiasm for your product that will make you successful in wanting to share it with others. Think about the last time you had a great meal at a new restaurant. Did you not tell/share with your friends or people you met?

I hope this "novel" I wrote proves helpful in your decision-making process. Any other questions you may have, please feel free to ask. Good luck in your venture to secure a home jewelry business!

Tatjana
Independent Jeweler
Fifth Avenue Collection
Austin, TX
Tatjana
Independent Jeweler
Fifth Avenue Collection
http://www.fifthavenuecollection.com/TWilliams
glitterbox@facmail.com
I am emailing FREE Glitter Magazines. Want One?
FACJeweler

My Silpada Experience

Postby SterlingDiva » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:29 am

Hey Kim,
I am new to this site, but I can share with you my experience with Silpada. I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who moved across country a few years ago from my hometown. I have never had any expererience with direct sales. I started Silpada and have since been able to not only quit my full time job, but I have earned awesome incentive trips-hubby and I just got back from MAUI all expenses paid for 6 days today :). I was not a "jewelry girl" however something about the line attracted me. In the beginning it was DEFINATELY the income that motivated me with the company. We do not have any "formal presentation" because the jewelry sells itself. The BIG THING that sold me was that I realized that if I did not want to do this anymore I could sell my jewelry for up to 50% off at a sample sale and I would be able to recoup my FULL investment-or sell for less and make money!! I have had two sample sales since I started and women are lining up for a discount on their Silpada!!
As far as price points, we are an exclusive handcrafted, nickle free designer line....925 sterling silver...we have OVER 80 items $30 and under and over a fourth of the catalog is $50 AND UNDER. Price points are from $12-269. So something for everyone!
I bring the jewelry boutique to the hostesses home and their guests eat, drink and play! I get paid on average $250-300 per 2 hour open house. We have one of the highest party plan show averages in the nation (we advertise $750, but if you talk to reps you will learn that the party averages are typically higher) NO GAMES, NO PRESSURE. WOMEN LOVE THAT!!!!!
The company does not require any minimums so it is totally up to the individual to decide what they want out of the company. It is limitless.
I TOTALLY agree with the gal above that you really need to SELL WHAT YOU LOVE and BELIEVE in!!!!!!!!!!!
Silpada has a lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects, no cost to customer OR rep!
Silpada has just celebrated our 10 year anniversary...We have sold OVER 225 million dollars in jewelry!!!! That is unbelievable for a company in this length of time...I have alot of other stats if you are interested that I can share :). We are TRULY a GROUNDFLOOR opportunity still.
No cost to rep for hostess benefits too...Silpada pays for it all!
Also, Silpada has a MASSIVE marketing campaign that was started almost two years ago...We are in many major magazine publications such as In Style, Women's Day, Glamour, Self, Oprah etc...Also, we were at the Emmy's, Golden Globes, we are on the jumbo tron at Times square...Our jewelry is seen on alot of TV shows such as HGTV and the Bachelor. We were on "THE BIG IDEA" a few months ago too!
Those are some of the key points that worked for me.
I think the bottom line is what are YOUR personal goals?? what are you looking for in the company?? what if your "reason" for starting??
If you have not already, have some "interviews" with the gals at the different companies you are interested in...Another important factor is building a relationship with your "upline" b/c they are the key to your success (whatever your goals may be...whether you want some fun money each month or you want to pay cash for the holidays, or a full time career...If you do not have a Silpada rep yet that you have talked to I would love to chat with you...or if you just want to ask questions anyway feel free ask...
Good luck!!!
INSTEAD OF WORKING 9-5, I'M WORKING .925 AND LOVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF IT!
SterlingDiva

Postby dreaminsilver » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:26 pm

I have to agree with both ladies. I am an SD rep too but when I started 5 1/2 years ago these other companies were not around so that made my decision very easy. But I truely think that if they were around I would still have choosen SD. The company is just wonderful ~ Sterling Diva said it all!!

Good luck with your decision!
MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Morgan Dane

Postby Sterling Girl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:03 pm

Hi Kim,

When YOU joined your company, what did you take into consideration? I really looked at three major components when I joined Morgan Dane: 1. Start up costs~ This is really important when you start team building. Are your recruits going to be able to get started? 2. Hostess rewards~ Our hostess rewards make booking parties easy. All hostesses want to get the most for their efforts. 3. How many consultants were in my area~ I was the first Morgan Dane consultant in Nevada.
Did you choose a line that appealed to YOU in the way it looks? I wanted something I would love to wear. I couldn't sell something I didn't like. We have a wide variaty of styles and our price points are between $10 and $229. Truly something for everyone.
Did you choose a line based on the price points, affordable to most or did you even consider the price points? I think most of the sterling companies' prices are pretty competitve, and more affordable than buying it in a store.
Did you choose a line that you thought other people would love, even if there were parts of the line you didn't care for and you thought the pricing was a little high? I knew that most my friends, colleagues, and associates would love this jewelry as much as I do. The feedback I get from my hostesses and customers is that the prices are fair, even lower than they'd expect on many items. Jewelry is an emotional purchase. Women buy it because it makes them feel good to own and wear beautiful jewelry.
Indulge in .925
Rhonda Tracy
Morgan Dane Designs
National Director of Marketing
www.morgandanedesigns.com/rtracy
Sterling Girl

Inspiranza

Postby jenneiferj » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:05 pm

I agree with all above also, its all in a matter of what you like, cost, your area... I was the 2nd Rep in Pa for Inspiranza and it has been a Hugh Success, but now there are many companies to pick from. Look at cost to join, the prices of the line of jewelry, the Hostess program, and if possible find out the population of that comapny in your area...
I hope this helps and Good Luck on your Decision.

Jenneifer Jones
www.inspiranzadesigns.com/jenneiferjones
jjenneifer@yahoo.com
jenneiferj

Postby bono » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:17 pm

Kim,
Yes, there are many new .925 Sterling companies out there! Be sure to take a peek at Hermosa Sterling PRIOR to making any decisions! I chose them specifically for their awesome hostess awards program (offering up to 35% in free jewelry coupled with 1/2 off items), the great pricing - we have some great pieces at great prices, and all of my friends stated that they would feel good about having a party with this particular company!

take a look online - www.HermosaSterling.com

http://www.hermosasterling.com/home.asp

Karen
Karen -
bono

Postby Sterling Girl » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:09 pm

Karen,
Does it bother you that anyone can go online and order from Hermosa without a rep or a party? Doesn't this undercut consultants? I have wanted to find a Hermosa rep to ask this question. It would make me crazy.
Indulge in .925
Rhonda Tracy
Morgan Dane Designs
Sterling Girl

Postby bono » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:22 pm

Rhonda,

At first I was a little leary, but can say it is working out just fine!!!

The site has worked out wonderfully for people that cannot make it to a party - the hostess lets them know they can still order online! The customer just types in who the hostess (or sales rep) is and the order is counted towards the show. No excuses not to order!

Just before Christmas my sister (from out of state) did an online show with her friends at work. HOW EASY was that? It was a $700 show, I got commission for essentially doing nothing! The company emailed me all of the orders and then I submitted them as a show.

I don't know about your customers, but I would bet that MOST of the customers attending home shows would not (on their own) be purchasing jewerly, or tableware, or candles..etc had they not been invited to a "party". I personally have been to Party lite shows, Taste of Home shows, Tastefully Simple shows, Southern living etc.................... if these companies had online stores, would I random order from these online stores - nope!!! Honestly, the only time most of us women pamper ourselfs with "gifts" is when we get invited to home shows! Why do you think people don't attend - they don't want the pressure to have to buy something! Now with all of this said, there was a "body shop" show I was invited to last spring. I was not able to attend, but put an order in online (as they have online sales)for the hostess to receive credit. She would have otherwise NOT gotten an order from me as I was unable to attend the show. The online site was provided on the invite - I had no excuses not to order!

I have been told that while Hermosa Sterling is such a new company, they feel the need to offer online sales. I am also told that the majority of online sales come from home shows.

If a good customer of mine does decide to place an online order - all she needs to do is type in my name. I always tell my customers this too. Most women, I would think, want to give credit to their sales reps?

So - no, I can say that it has not undercut any of my business - if anything, has added sales to home shows for those thay cannot attend. Also - it saves me from having to give out all of my catalogs, spend money on postage to send them......... you know how that goes!

I do not know why other companies do not offer this? Even if the only way someone was allowed to purchase was if it pertained to a party?

Hope this has helped -
www.hermosasterling.com

Karen
Karen -
bono

Postby Sterling Girl » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Karen,

Morgan Dane offers online shopping. We even have online clearance which is great. Our consultants get full comissions and hostesses get credit toward their parties. This is only possible through a consultant's webpage, not through the corporate site.

My point was that throught the Hersmosa site, I can go and place an order that does not go through a consultant, effectively making it an e-company as much as a direct sales company.

I agree that online shopping is great for my customers, hostesses and for me. But if just anyone could go to Morgan Dane and place an order, that would be bad for me as a consultant. I wouldn't work for a company that undercut my postition.
Indulge in .925
Rhonda Tracy
Morgan Dane Designs
Sterling Girl

Postby bono » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:22 pm

Rhonda,

I still do not feel that sales are "undercut" from reps.

If someone that is in a state where you do not have a rep - are they assigned a rep, so that the person can order online if they wish? OR, does MD have reps in all 50 states and then just someone in that area is assigned?

Thanks - Karen
Karen -
bono

Postby Sterling Girl » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:59 pm

I guess we all find a fit that is good for us. If it doesn't bother you...

One of the things I like best about Mogan Dane is that so much of our collection is exclusive. The only way anyone can get it is through a rep. They can look at it online, but in order to purchase any, they have to go through a consultant. They can contact the company and a rep will be assigned to them. 8)
Indulge in .925
Rhonda Tracy
Morgan Dane Designs
Sterling Girl

Return to Jewelry Companies