[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - How do you carry your jewelry?

How do you carry your jewelry?

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

How do you carry your jewelry?

Postby dreaminsilver » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:17 am

Hey Ladies!

Just thought I would ask a question to all of you. Anyone have any good suggestions on how to carry your jewelry. I have 2 silver cases with 8 trays each and they are getting very heavy. It's nice cause they have wheels but then the jewelry gets shifted all over the place when you roll them. I'm looking for something lighter. Any suggestions??

Luv in Jewels!
MB
dreaminsilver

How to carry jewelry

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:52 pm

Hi MB -

Do you have the 2 cases available from the company? I've heard those are heavy. How many peices (approx.) do you have?

I acutally use a tackle box w/ a handle on top. Yeah, it sounds funny, but it works. I got it at Wal-Mart - just a basic tackle box (approx $23) with 3 large clear tackle cases & 2 or 3 small tackle cases inside.

What I like about this is that I take 2 of the catalogs - 1 I marke EVEN, 1 I mark ODD. I cut out the pictures of the jewelry on the EVEN pages from that catalog & the jewelry from the ODD pages from that catalog. I tape them into the box where each piece is going to go (more than one peice per compartment) and then when I clean up, it is a quick, easy inventory.

I also like this because the tackle cases inside the big case are clear so it makes it easy to find a piece right away when I want to wear it or if someone wants to see it while my stuff is still packed.

Hope this makes sense.

Talk to you soon
Aloha!
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby dreaminsilver » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:45 pm

I have 2 cases that I got from Nilecorp.com with 7 trays and 2 1/2 trays. I have about 400 pieces. I need to get my inventory sheet up to date so I can send it in for insurance purposes. PAIN!!

Each case with the trays and velvet inserts cost me about $75 each. I like them, they are very easy to set up and tear down for shows, it's just that they are getting heavy.

I used to use the tackle boxes but it was taking so long to set up for shows, I would have to arrive an hour early. With the trays, I arrive 30 minutes before, set the trays on the table and we are off partying. The only thing I miss about this is the quick inventory like you said. It's hard to keep it straight with the trays.

There are several soft cases available too. One of my downlines has the case from SD, she got it at conference 2 years ago. EXPENSIVE!! $150, OUCH!! It's very nice too, but I guess I'm too cheap! :)

MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

How to carry jewelry

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:44 pm

Hi again

How do you do your inventory sheet? Not sure if this is what you do or not but it is very simple - put in an order on line. Pick all your items that you have & then just save it as "inventory" as the hostess instead of a hostess name. This will add up all the cost & # of pieces for you.

Sorry I can't be more help on carrying your jewelry but if I think of anything, I'll let you know.

Best wishes
Mary
Mary Novick
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby dreaminsilver » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:52 pm

OH MY GOSH! GREAT IDEA MARY! I would have NEVER thought of that! DUH!!!

Thanks so much!

MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Tracking your Inventory

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:37 am

Hey MB -
Glad you like it, hope it helps! I don't have nearly as much as you have but I still do it that way. :lol:
Talk soon
Mary
Mary Novick
Sterling Silver Mary

Carrying your Jewelry

Postby Cheri » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:50 pm

Hi Ladies:
One thing that makes it easier is to have your necklaces and earrings already on necklace display easels that collapse. I will put 4 or 5 set-ups in a large zip-lock bag and they go up very quickly. I also have a number of earring stands already set up so they just come out of the bag and on the table. Bracelets can be bunched in groups of 4 and 5 and put together with a large twist-tie and then bagged for easy carrying. I personally like to use a jewelry carrying case with slide in trays for carrying everything. It's efficient and looks professional too.

With sterling silver you always want to keep it in zip-lock bags whenever possible to slow down the tarnishing process. Take care ladies and have fun!

Cheri Larson
President & Founder
Azante Jewelry
www.azantejewelry.com
"Handcrafted Jewelry made with Gifts from the Earth"
Cheri

Carrying jewelry

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:32 am

Hi Cheri

Thanks for the great info. I know several people that do something similar & they through a tarnish paper in the zip lock as well.

Do you have an example of a collapsable easle? Did you get it on line somewhere?

Thanks!
Mary
Mary Novick
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby sz11401 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:07 am

Hi Ladies,

I use these great boxes from www.gemsinthebox.com
you can pick which ever box works best for you. I have one just for bracelets,full ensembles etc.. They are lined come with elastic bands to hold in your jewelry during travel. Once I get to my show all I have to do is open them up attach a clip light and I'm done. For carrying them I just got one of those folding carts on wheels you can get at Staples.
Samantha

Premier Designs
High Fashion Jewelry

ssjewels@patmedia.net
sz11401

Postby dreamsterling » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:37 pm

Stop being the UGLY Step-Sister!!!
Just like Cinderella's Shoe - This job could be the perfect fit for you!!
Ask me how!!! Paula
To view an incredible line of .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry - e-mail me!
Dreamsterling@aol.com
dreamsterling

heavy CASE!

Postby silverlover2 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:14 am

Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

bringing LARGE VOLUME AND KEEPING TRACK

Postby LOVESILVER » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:16 pm

Hi ladies!
I personally bring well over 300 items with me to shows (I would not recommend this........but you know how it is once you start!!!).

Tried fishing boxes and trays with velvet liners. Jewerly gets scratched up with fishing boxes and inventory control is a pain with Velvet boxes...plus keeping them clean and the jewerly is "Slide City". I will say howver that I do use 2 "earring" velvet liners that hold approx 40 or so pair of earring! They just need to be propped up to show well.
I recently purchased cheepo 6" x 8" boxes with ANTI TARNISH cotton liners. I put the jewerly in groupings of 6-10 items in each box per (what looks great together). It took some time, BUT...I cut out pics of what items go in each box and taped this to the top of the box. The set up is a BREEZE open box - put out jewelry...it is already color coordinate. Take down is a breeze.... the grouping is all together for display, just put back in box with pics. If you are like me....I KNOW WHERE EVERY piece of jewerly is on my table to put away! I also keep itmes on my jewerly display (necks) baggie them up. I have not found ONE scratch with the cotton liners. And it is easy enough to put them on top of one another and place in a storage bin..............running out of room to type - take care
LOVESILVER

Two words . . .

Postby jewelryladi » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:49 pm

Two words . . . Bubble Wrap.

I put a piece of bubble wrap on top of my trays, and a large rubber band on each end. I learned this trip from my leader. She puts her trays in large former soft sided cooler and I put mine in a rolling case. I rarely have any piece of jewelry fall out of any of my trays.

I carry about 8 trays but display 4 or fewer. The rest is taken off the trays and put on the table, on my neck boards or on my "ramp" for the bracelets and watches. It's a pool noodle!
jewelryladi

Postby brooketrout » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:46 pm

what abbut those carriers with wheels that you use for scrapbooking? Not sure maybe they are not big enough.
brooketrout

Postby Sterling Girl » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:27 pm

I have a soft leather case that is tarnish resistant. Here in Las Vegas we have no humidity, so tarnish is slow anyway. I only take about 100-125 piecese to a show and a few purses. The case is nice and light weight and has clear pockets plus a ring holder. It all zips up and is a breeze to transport.
Indulge in .925
Rhonda Tracy
Morgan Dane Designs
National Director of Marketing
www.morgandanedesigns.com/rtracy
Sterling Girl

Next

Return to Jewelry Companies