[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Any Michele Baratta Consultants out there?

Any Michele Baratta Consultants out there?

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

Any Michele Baratta Consultants out there?

Postby SilverCal » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:07 pm

Hi, my name is Tracy. I am a Michele Baratta at Home Consultant. I just found this message board and would love to know if there are any MB Consultants out there. (I noticed that the MB message board hasn't had any activity since February.) I am fairly new to direct sales so I would appreciate support from other consultants.

Would love to hear from you.

Thanks Tracy
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Postby dreaminsilver » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:57 pm

Hi Tracy!

I haven't seen any MB reps around here in a while, but welcome to the boards! Nice to have you here!

Sterling Wishes!
MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:59 am

Hi Tracy

Welcome to the boards. I haven't seen any MB reps either. There is a lot of great info here, hope you find a lot to help your business!

Best of luck!
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby SilverCal » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:08 pm

Thanks MaryBeth and Mary. I appreciate the response. Being new to this business I just appreciate any support and comments. I am very low key about my business and not aggressive in getting people to sign up to book parties. I don't like being pushy and hope that MB"s beautiful and unique jewelry is enough incentive for people to host a party. (Probably not the best marketing strategy in the long run.)

I am hoping to have a full calendar this fall so I have been offering additional benefits to those who agree to host a party. Do you guys offer any additional incentives to get parties booked? I was thinking of not only providing the company $15.00, but either an additional $10.00 certificate from me or some kind of gift or drawing for those who sign up. I am not sure yet. Any ideas?

Thanks Tracy
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Booking incentives

Postby getsilver » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:30 am

Hi Tracy:

To get shows booked, I often have a free gift for the hostess and a few extras for anyone who books a show to take home with them. My last gift to my hostess was a jewelry cleaning kit that I put together, then I had an extra for anyone who booked a show, and also a bottle of wine for a second person who booked.

Our company also offers the original hostess a 1/2 off item for each booking off her show.

To get the initial bookings, I have found that picking up the phone, calling some people I know, and saying... hi, I'm selling a new line of beautiful jewelry and wonder if you could help me get started by hosting a show. You can earn $xxx free jewelry! ... I give them certain dates to pick from (so that they won't know if my calendar is empty!) Sometimes email will work, then they can get on the webite and look at the jewelry first, but they don't always get back to me to book, so I follow up with a phone call.

Hope that helps. Once you get some parties going, the jewelry will sell itself. Michelle Baratta has some lovely items, and you have an advantage like I do that it is not a highly recognized name... yet!

Best of Luck!
Cathy
Hermosa Sterling
Independent Sales Representative
www.hermosasterling.com

www.freewebs.com/getsilver
getsilver

getting bookings

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:11 am

Hi Julie

I think that we have an awesome hostess benefit but sometimes, you just need to give that little extra something when you need bookings!

I often offer a extra $25 gift certificate to a hostess who books and holds a qualified party ($500+) within a certain amount of time. At parties, if I have an open date in the next week or week + 1/2, I'll offer 50% off one item that night if they book the date I am trying to fill.

Another idea that I've done in the past is the "Book to Look" envelopes. Have an envelope w/ each lapboard or catalog and on the outside it says "Book to Look" on the inside is a coupon for things like 10% off your order tonight, free shipping, 1 item at 50% off, etc. They can open the envelope for the additional prize when they book the party that night.

Hope this helps.
Good luck :D
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby SilverCal » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:36 pm

Thanks for the great input! I love the idea of the book to look envelope! I am going to try it at my next party.

Tracy :D
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Postby dreaminsilver » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:45 pm

That's my favorite way of getting bookings ~ Book to Look envelopes. I've also done the bottles of wine too ~ they work out good too!

MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Return to Jewelry Companies