[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Fundraising

Fundraising

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

Fundraising

Postby SilverCal » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:38 pm

Hi girls,

Wanted to find out if anyone has done fundraising with their jewelry line and how it worked. I have heard other people talk about it, but am confused on how it would work.

I have also thought about holiday or craft boutiques. Has anyone done these and are they worth it? Do you take orders to deliver later?

Thanks

SilverCal
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Fundraisers

Postby getsilver » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:52 am

Hi SilverCal:

I spoke to a gal recently about a fundraiser. I would donate my profits from the show but keep the free jewelry for myself.

When I do craft/vendor shows, I have permission to sell items off the table. Of course, I also will take orders if I don't have that item to sell. My main objective for doing these types of shows is to book parties, recruit, and get our name out there!

Hope that helps!
Cathy
Hermosa Sterling
Independent Sales Representative
www.hermosasterling.com

www.freewebs.com/getsilver
getsilver

Postby silverlover2 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:59 am

I am doing a huge fund raiser in November. I donate a certain percentage of my profits, (keep some % expenses, etc) and of course we give away the FREE jewelry! I do not keep that, nor does my hostess. We are going to do drawings! That way it is a win, win situation for all! If you want more details I will be glad to e-mail them to you.

Nancy :)
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Postby jewelryladi » Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:59 pm

My company has a fund-raiser program. Nobody gets free jewelry. Instead, half the profits go to me, the other half to the non-profit.

However, often with the non-profit's permission, I give them the amount they'd normally get out of my own pocket. (Thereby getting a tax deduction.) I then turn it in as a regular show and keep the free jewelry. I do this if I have a particular need to build my kit or if they're offering something special as a hostess free item that I need. (For instance, for the past few months they've been offering free watches for shows over $400, and I didn't have any in my kit.) Also, it's useful when the cause I want to donate to isn't exactly a registered non-profit, like my cousin's adoption fund.

We also have a "jewel pool." It's a fund-raiser with a twist. We sell squares for $3 each. A third goes directly to the non-profit, the other $2 goes to buy up to $100 in free jewelry for the winner, assuming all 50 squares get sold. The non-profit gets $70 for each completed sheet. While selling the squares, people also carry mini-catalogs to show what the person could win, and of course, orders are being taken along the way. The winner is chosen at an open house where the jewelry is on display and orders are taken then, too.
jewelryladi

Return to Jewelry Companies