[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Need help with an event

Need help with an event

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

Need help with an event

Postby SilverCal » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all have a great holiday season ahead and have lots of parties booked. I am hoping for a good one. Michele Baratta has a new catalog with gorgeous jewelry that I am excited about.

I was hoping that you may have had some experience with or advice for me with an upcoming event. I am setting up a jewelry display at a friends scrapbooking retreat (3 days of uninterrupted scrapbooking). I am going to set up my jewelry for a couple of hours on the second day. I did this retreat last year, but it was difficult to pull the women away from their scrapbooks to look at the jewelry. (there are like 50+ women there and less than 10 ordered). I thought that I would do some type of raffle but would love an idea for something catchy to draw them to my table and have them check out the jewelry. Any ideas??

Thanks for your help.

Tracy (silvercal)
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Postby silverlover2 » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:07 am

Try passing out a little flyer to everybody there, maybe at their seats/tables? List your special for the scrapbooking event. Do a drawing for FREE JEWELRY. 1 ticket for every piece of jewelry ordered, 5 tickets for bookings, 2 tickets for orders over $100. etc.

1st lady to book gets a free pair of earrings
2nd lady to book gets a free polishing cloth

do drawings every 30 minutes.

Also, let the organizer of the event make sure that this is your business and that is is important that the scrappers take time off to visit your jewelry display, look at your catalog and give you some business as well. She needs to help the group get excited that you are gong to be there and will be giving away FREE jewelry! She can pump them up the day before you arrive!

Hope this helps!

Nancy :)
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Postby dreaminsilver » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:37 pm

What about placing an envelope with a prize under one of the seats. Maybe have several (free tax, free shipping, $5 off their order, free cleaning cloth, free pair of earrings, etc.) The ladies will have to check their seats to see if they won. (Kinda like a baby shower). I don't know if that would work but it's something different. I think the raffles are a great idea.

Or just see if you can interupt for about 2 mins and tell them that you will be over at your booth. Tell them a little about the company, specials you've got going on and then invite them over to see it. I don't think interrupting them for a few mins will kill any of them, since they are going to be there for 3 days. Maybe you could tell them to all get up and do a little excercise and walk over to your table! :) Good luck and let us know how it goes!

MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:54 pm

Hi Tracy

Nancy & MB have given you some great ideas!

I would definately suggest the raffle idea and I would have a short form for them to fill out that includes: Name, Address, Phone, Email - you may not get a ton of sales that day but the key is in the follow up! I would also ask on the form if they would be interested in hosting a jewelry show / catalog show, if they are interested in a fundraiser, and if interested in earning extra money.

I can't stress this enogh - the key is in the follow up.

I've been on these retreats and I know that the ladies there are not usually interested in much more than the scrapbooking 24/7. If you can atleast get them to fill out the form for your FREE JEWELRY raffle (I would do $50) then you'll have some contact info to follow up on when you get home.

Best of luck - would love to know how it turns out!
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby SilverCal » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:27 pm

Hi Girls,

Thanks for the great ideas! I will definitely give your ideas a try and let you know how it goes :D .

Tracy
(silvercal)
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Return to Jewelry Companies