[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - SD Reps - What would you do?

SD Reps - What would you do?

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

SD Reps - What would you do?

Postby silverlover2 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:18 pm

I have an event planned at a local country club next Friday.....a "Couples Night", the flyer was sent to all members of this club (which I am not a member of). The club manager's wife is the hostess. She sent out the flyers in their Nov. newsletter to over 100 members.

As couples arrive for dinner and drinks, the wife will be given a catalog and a wish list. She will have the opportunity to try on the jewelry, etc, and then she gives the wish list to her husband and goes to a separate part of the club. The husband "shops" (orders) what he wants for her, etc.

This was my idea, strictly my event until........a member of the club that sells Arbonne called the President of the club and asked if she could set up as well! Of course he could not say no....she is a member! I just got an e-mail today from my hostess and she told me the news. I realized that this put her in a very awkward position and she could not refuse. So, I do not have a problem with her.

My problem is with the very unethical Arbonne lady who did not have the courtesy to call me and see if I would mind her being there to begin with. She just took her clout and called the President of the club up and asked him. She is a member of the club, and has the opportunity to set up anytime she wants.....but she chooses my event to crash! I would never dream of doing such a thing.

Has anybody else had this problem with vendors crashing their events? Personally, I would not be able to sleep at night if this is how I ran my business!

Okay....I am done ranting!

Nancy :)
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Postby dreamsterling » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:16 pm

Nancy - honestly - don't be worried.

I believe that you will have a better show and WAY more sales than the Arbonne lady -

Doesn't matter what she sells - that was REALLY rude - I don't care for people that ride the coat tails of the true leaders.

Do you have a friend that can help you at the table - maybe someone from your downline? I would definately have 2 people, and display sets of things. Offer a "set" discount... and really help the ladies with their wishlists... I did a simular thing with a Jack and Jill party and had great success.

I have found that most people I know in arbonne are SO into recruiting that there isn't any talk of personal sales or their products.

Just let the club manager's wife know that her "free jewlery" isn't going to be nearly as good - because she let the arbonne lady in... also the purchase w purchase in Arbonne just adds up to more money spent by the hostess - we give FREE jewelry... how great is that????

I think that it will be fine - and as far as pushy nosy lady - what goes around comes around...she'll get hers in the end - as my mom would say! You don't want to say anything to alienate yourself from this club and future events... just make sure that next time it is "silver" only.

Good luck and let us know how you made out!
Paula
Stop being the UGLY Step-Sister!!!
Just like Cinderella's Shoe - This job could be the perfect fit for you!!
Ask me how!!! Paula
To view an incredible line of .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry - e-mail me!
Dreamsterling@aol.com
dreamsterling

Postby silverlover2 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:03 pm

The evening was a bomb! Nobody came.....just some drunk men! I got 2 orders! The managers of the club were so very sorry and she is working on getting a few more orders....the Arbonne lady did not seem to mind....she had a friend there and they just chatted all night!

I will never do that again....that is for sure!

How are your Novembers doing? Parties booked in December?

Happy Thanksgiving your SD silver divas you!

Nancy :)
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Postby jewelryladi » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:59 pm

I'm not familiar with either line . . . but I'm so sorry this happened to you!

I've had similar disappointments . . . recently I pounded the pavement and stuff ed 50 invitations in people's mailboxes for an open house. Nobody came!

Anyway, I would have had a brief chat with the Airbonne lady and let her know that you really wish she'd done her event on another night, because by you both being there, you are taking away income from each other. Just handled it in a very diplomatic way, as one jewelry consultant to another.
jewelryladi

Return to Jewelry Companies