[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - I'm considering becoming a rep?????

I'm considering becoming a rep?????

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

I'm considering becoming a rep?????

Postby Kristia » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:07 pm

I am primarily a stay at home mom to a 13 month old. I also help my husband run his business, he is a chiropractor and I do his books and help him with marketing. I probably spend about 5-10 hours a week helping him. I was at a holiday gift fair back in November and I met a silver jewelry rep. I fell in love with the product. I never ever thought about direct sales, but I left the fair very excited about the line. My background is in retail. I was a jewelry and handbag buyer for an east coast department store for 12 years before I became a mom. I have been looking for something for me to do from home to make me feel like I have my own career again. I love my family, but I am a former "career" girl and I really miss that feeling. BUT I have alot of questions and I have spoken to the rep that I met and she has been very helpful, but I am trying to pick other brains. I found this site by googling and it has been helpful. I was looking for a discussion board about jewelry companies. I want to make sure if I do this that I pick the right company for me. I have spoken to my husband and we have tabled the discussion for now until after the holidays. I couldn't swing the start up costs right now, but I am hoping to possibly start in Jan or Feb. Is that a hard time of year to start, right after Christmas? Was it hard for you to get your business started? Right now with a baby I figured I can commit to 1 party a week and if I start this and invest the money then I will definitely commit to 1/wk. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks, Kristia
Kristia

Postby tlcst15 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:02 pm

Hello Kristia,

I would be happy to help and provide any insight. I would try to explore as many companys as possible. First and foremost, you should love the jewelry. However, you also want to look at commission, start-up costs, a new company verses existing company, products (quality), and yearly fees if any.

I would be happy to chat or go into more details with any questions you may have--feel free to send them to my email listed below. It can be overwhelming and I am happy to help.

Also, January/February start time is good. Mid Jan. people are getting out of the holiday mode and you can start making in roads with partys.

Also, feel free to check out our site and our new catalog.

Best,
Terri
Terri C.
Inspiranza Designs Silver Consultant
terric@inspiranzadesigns.com
tlcst15

Postby Kristia » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:57 am

Thanks Terri for responding. I have been reviewing jewelry companies online and I am going to continue to research and probably make a decision in January. I will definitely email you some of my questions.

Kristia
Kristia

Postby tlcst15 » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:57 pm

Kristia,

Happy hunting. :):) I had a great time comparing! Very exciting.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Terri :D
Terri C.
Inspiranza Designs Silver Consultant
terric@inspiranzadesigns.com
tlcst15

Postby LiaSophiaJewelry » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:51 pm

Hi Krista~
Have you looked into lia sophia jewelry yet? I would be more than happy to send you a packet of information with a catalog. I also have a ton of forms I can e-mail you to review. My e-mail is Raefabian4@msn.com and my website is www.liasophia.com/alice
Alice Fabian
Unit Manager
lia sophia jewelry
www.liasophia.com/alice
Share The Love Of Jewelry!
Join my team today!
LiaSophiaJewelry

Things to ponder

Postby jewelryladi » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:57 am

It was VERY easy for me to start up with Sarah Coventry. I was able to start with very little up-front costs through the Earn and Learn program.

Just a few things to consider when starting up in the jewerly business:

* What does the kit include? I know there are some companies who charge what we charge for a starter kit that INCLUDES NO JEWELRY! (Our kit, meanwhile, includes $1,000 in free jewelry and opportunities to earn more all the time!) You need to have product samples on hand to show people.

• Do you have to re-apply every year? I know another company that forces its reps to pay hundreds of dollars anually just to keep selling.

* What do your family and friends think about it? There is nothing more discouraging than showing the book to those you hope will support you, only to hear, "It's too expensive" or "I don't wear jewelry."

• Do you love the product?

* Are you able to put in time at events like craft shows where sales will be minimal but which will pay off in the long run in the form of extra bookings?

Wishing you lots of success.
jewelryladi

Postby LOVESILVER » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:30 pm

Kristi,

I am with a company called Hermosa Sterling (www.hermosasterling.com)

I think you will truly appreciate the quality and affordability of the jewerly!

Please email if you would like more information:

Julie@hermosasterling.com
LOVESILVER

Postby jewelrylady98 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:24 pm

Hi Krista,
Your background sounds like a great fit for home based jewelry business. January is a great time to start a new business! I will PM about Premier Designs.
Happy Holidays!!
~Shay
"If you can wear jewelry, YOU can sell jewelry!"
http://www.ryze.com/go/ShayDLady

Do you KNOW what is in your household products?
http://www.themomteam.com/smw98
jewelrylady98

Thank you

Postby Kristia » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:06 pm

I wanted to thank everyone who responded to my post. Everyone was very helpful. I am going to pursue this opportunity with the jewelry company, Silpada, that started me down this path. I feel the product best reflects my style and I am looking forward to getting my business started!!

I wish everyone a prosperous and happy New Year!!
Kristia
Kristia

Postby dreaminsilver » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:41 pm

YEAH Kristia!

You won't regret your decision! Welcome aboard!

MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Postby silverlover2 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:22 pm

Yeah!

You made the right decision, that is for sure! How are things going? All of your SD sisters would love an update!

Aren't you thrilled with the craftmanship/quality/affordablity/lifetime warranty that our jewelry offers? And of course I am sure hostesses are thrilled with all the FREE jewelry they are earning!

Ladies will flock to you like they do to the rest of us once they know you sell what you do!

We hope you give us an update soon!

Nancy :)
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Return to Jewelry Companies