[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Silpada jewerly made in China?????

Silpada jewerly made in China?????

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

Postby binki » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:38 pm

Hi gals,

I just read a post from another forumn (WAHM) from a Silpada rep that states they saw a movie (while at a conference???) that showed how Silpada has a factory in China. A lot of the jewerly is actually made in China for Silpada??? I had no idea they utilized the labor market down there - does anyone know if this is true? Does Silpada have a factory in China?

BINK
binki

Postby dreaminsilver » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:17 am

The video that they showed at conference last year was absolutely remarkable!! Our CEO went over there to shoot the video with the workers. It was shot in a stone cutting factory in which they made a few of our pieces. The gal who owned the factory started in the upstairs of her home and now has a ton of people working for her and has moved into a beautiful factory! By having these pieces made there we are affording these Chinese people a middle class life! It was very emotional to see the video.

Our jewelry is actually made in 9 different countries to be exact and definetely in no sweat shops.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Postby silverlover2 » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:54 am

SD pays LIVING wages to all its artisans/craftsman/jewelry workers. This is huge......I don't know if anybody else can say that or not. We are very proud to be able to make a difference in so many lives....sell beautiful, quality made jewelry and represent the number one sterling silver jewelry company out there.

As mentioned in the last post, we did see a wonderful movie showing how our jewelry is crafted.....it was the most moving session and the highlight of our national conference last year. We were so proud to see how we are helping develop a middle class in a country that has never had one!

Just one more reason I am so thrilled to represent this wonderful jewelry company!

Nancy
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Postby dreaminsilver » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:56 am

Hey Nancy!

I heard that he is going to do another one too for this years conference. It was such a HUGE hit last year, I cannot wait to see it this year!!

Take care,
MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Postby binki » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:25 pm

thanks for the response -

We all know that China has a booming economy and the number one reason companies do work in China is "cheep labor". People work for pennies over there!!! How noble of a company to want to bring their buisness there to "fix" an impoverished people. Is China known for Sterling Silver production?

How noble of ALL of the companies moving to China (as my husbands) - and leaving US workers without jobs! Why would Silpada not build a factory in the US....there are many people impoverished here too that would like to move up to the middle class?

Nice "positive spin" ya"ll have been brainwashed with! I hate to tell you, but most people can see through those muddy waters.

Don't mean to be harsh and political, but this is a subject that all American, hard working people have issue with............ don't be fooled!

BINK
binki

Postby dreaminsilver » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Binki!

So sorry to hear about your husbands job moving. That truly does suck! I'm not much of a politician, actually not at all, so I don't know what to tell you. But I'm sure if you look all around your house you will find a lot of stuff made in China. I'm also sure we are not the only DS company that contracts with the Chinese people either.

In response to China producing silver, it is 4th in producing silver world wide. It's behind Peru, Mexico, and Australia. You can check it out at http://www.silverinstitute.org/supply/production.php.

As for being “brainwashed”, that’s cool. I don’t mind being “brainwashed” by one of the most successful DS companies out there. They are “brainwashing” me into having a successful business I can call my own. I know where this company has been and I know where this company is going and I am STAYING!! There are thousands of women across the country creating their own definition of success with SD and other companies and you too can have the same opportunity with whatever company you are with. You can make your dreams and your goals as big as you want them to be or as simple as you need them to be. It’s up to you! That is the beauty of Direct Sales!!

I wish you much success.

Sparkle!
MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Postby SilverCal » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:20 pm

It is always good to support products made in the United States.

SilverCal
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Postby kimikat » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:21 pm

kimikat

Postby ravish30 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:49 pm

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however that doesn't mean any of us are brainwashed.

Not everything you buy or use can be purchased here in the USA...our grocery store sells NO local banana's or kiwi....they are purchased in Central America....does that mean I am going to quit eating banana's? Heck NO...I love banana's and I need them for the potassium.

I believe in FAIR TRADE....I believe people have the God given right to buy what they want and where they want to buy it from...that is the beauty of living in America...we have rights and the freedom to choose.

Telling folks they are brainwashed if they buy foreign goods is HOG WASH. I enjoy my freedoms PERIOD.
ravish30

Postby ravish30 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:53 pm

Ps.....on a medical note:

I have a implanted device in my that is saving my life...guess what ladies? It is made overseas and shipped in...NO company in the USA makes it....it is foreign design and made.....I have it in me as it is saving my life and improving the quality of my life.

I choose life over death....I have the freedom to choose and I choose to live. Now this has nothing to do with jewelry...but it does go to show you that some day in your life you might need something foreign made so don't knock it.
ravish30

Postby SilverSister » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:17 pm

Actually, Silpada Designs DOES provide jobs in the U.S. To the tune of 300 that are employed in the home office in Kansas and over 17,000 independent sales reps!
Wishing you a shining day and a sterling future!
Kathy C. - Silver ME!
SilverSister

Postby kimikat » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:56 pm

Companies that make products that the USA does not supply or have the natural resources is one thing, but to purposfully move work to foreign countries for "cheep labor" is completely different I believe. Again - are any of the people making the jewerly (in the "factory") from the USA.........I doubt it. This is why companies move - people do the "grunt labor" for virtually free! That is what I and MANY Americans have issue with. You surely must know this -
Kimi
kimikat

Postby dreamsterling » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:28 am

Ravish 30 - thanks for posting, glad to see that you are being helped by a global economy. Some of the parts on my mother's dialysis machine were made in Mexico... thank goodness, as it allowed me to have precious time with her, before she died. We live in a wonderful world don't we?

Let me clarify a few things...

Kimikat, yes - moving jobs to different parts of the world for cheap labor is a problem in this country. I am from upstate ny... I have seen companies move just to the southern US to find cheaper labor and lower taxes. This problem is NOT just restricted to outsourcing to foreign lands.

As I type, I am reminded of why this issue is so multi-faceted-

1) if I have a problem with my e-mail.. I will have to contact AOL, which will connect me to someone in India.

2) if my Dell computer decides to go on the fritz - I will be connected with (surprise) someone from India.

3) the last time I picked up the phone that was a telemarketer - (surprise) they were doing a survey about an American company and the survey was run by a company in AUSTRALIA...

4) And if I have a problem with the oil spritzer that I just bought that was assembled in the US but made of from parts imported from holland and canada and I pick up the phone and (SURPRISE) I get my neighbor!! The Pampered Chef lady - who will gladly help me. :lol:

5) The US is the largest grower and exporter of grain in the world... what would happen to the heartland of America if one day we couldn't export wheat, corn and soy to other countries?

6) Party-Lite candles are made in the US - but you export them to other countries for sale... should party-lite stop exporting? Surely someone in Britain can make a candle?

7) CIT-GO petroleum, one of the largest petroleum companies in the US is wholly owned by Venezuela... we have plenty of oil in Alaska.... maybe we should just kick em out.

I enjoy a wonderful life here in the USA. I purchase from my local farmers market when they are open, I shop at a locally owned bookstore instead of all the ones that start with a "B". I have to buy Cit-Go gas once in a while because they are the closest station...I drive a german car that was assembled in the US.

BUT, most importantly, I buy from women who have their own home-based businesses. Party-lite, Mia Bella, Arbonne, Pampered Chef, Longaberger, tastefully simple, just to name my purchases from the last 3-6 months. Could I go to Mall Wart? sure... but I chose not to.

Finally, when someone starts a business, they naturally seek the best way to produce and sell whatever their product is. A man that wants to grow, process and ship apples isn't going to start his company in Alaska. He will take his idea, his skill and his desire and go where the raw material is.... hence this is WHY there are jewelry manufacturers in the countries listed below:

"Strong growth in Mexico and Australia pushed global silver mine production to a record high in 2005, reaching 641.6 Moz, with Peru, Mexico, Australia, China and Chile the top five silver mining countries in 2005. Last year, silver generated at primary mines increased by 8 percent, to reach 188.2 Moz, representing 29 percent of global silver production."

Thanks to those of you that actually read this whole thing. Maybe we can get back to what this forum was intended for... helping those of us that have chosen to make a living doing Direct Sales better at our jobs.

Party on....
P
dreamsterling

Postby kimikat » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:53 am

Dear Dreaming Silver,

You still are missing the boat on the "cheep labor" I believe - no need to continue putting a "spin" on the facts":

FACT:
US companines(CEO's) line thier pockets with millions of dollars by taking advantage of the "cheep labor" in otrher countries. Why would a company pay someone $15.00/hr in the US, when they can go to China and get the same work for .20/hr??????
Let me answer that - greed, not Moral Responsibility! Moral responsibility, something this country has lost!

Importing/Exporting product to other countries is a whole other bag of beans -so no need to even be discussing your #4,5,6,7. We are not focousing on buying and selling. This issue is about MOAL responsibility of large companies looking to make millions more by utilizing CHEEP LABOR. If the companies in your # 1,2 and 3 are US based........SHAME ON THEM. When one company is willing to rape the system - it then makes it ok for other companies to follow suite? This is your rational????

You are right about one thing, let's move this forum back to DS

Kimi
kimikat

Postby ravish30 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:26 am

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions...my opinion does NOT make me wrong and YOUR opinion does NOT make you wrong.

However...telling people they are BRAIN WASHED is WRONG. Freedom of choice!

Lets move on and RESPECT that others disagree with your opinion!
Last edited by ravish30 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
ravish30

Next

Return to Jewelry Companies