[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Silpada jewerly made in China?????

Silpada jewerly made in China?????

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

Postby soylightvicki » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:16 am

soylightvicki

Postby binki » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:12 pm

You are correct - calling people brainwashed was uncalled for, my apologies for that remark!

BINK
binki

Postby binki » Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:24 pm

Cute with Easter coming up!

BINK
binki

Postby ravish30 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:29 pm

So Bink

What is it exactly that you do from home? Do you have a home business?

Shelly
ravish30

Postby binki » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:08 pm

Shelly,
I work with a home interior company - and yes work out of the home/referrals (on the side). We specialize in DS (if you will) through parties with paints, colors, fabrics and a few local accessory stores. etc.................we essentially sign people up for "mini makeovers" at their expense of course. We invite women over for a "party"(of their friends) in a room that has gone through a "make over" - tons of fun!!!!! Amazing what just a few changes make (with the right colors - many people just do not have the ability to put color into a room). It is not like selling tupperware of course - you must have interior design background. It is more of a marketing campagin with our company - but who knows.........

So, I guess to answer your question...........yes. We sell and promote our services - not so much the product.

BINK

BINK
binki

SD has 17,000 Reps?

Postby Sparkle65 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:26 pm

Wow! :shock: SD has that many reps in the United States. That is fantastic for the owners of the company, but doesn't that make it difficult for each rep to develop her own customer base? I would think that with that many reps promoting the same product that you would soon start to stumble into each other on a regular basis and end up competing for the same customers?
Andrea Phillips
Sales Coordinator/Ind.Rep. Hermosa Sterling
www.hermosasterling.com
616-874-8988
tnaphillips@sbcglobal.net
"I help women SPARKLE!"
Sparkle65

Postby silverlover2 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:45 pm

Why don't you tell us about Hermosa? How long has Hermosa been in business? How many reps do you have ? What is your mission statement? Are you a member of the DSA? Who designs your jewelry? Where is it made? Do you have any kind of professional training for your representatives? A National Conference? Do you have the likes of Lyn Conway, Brenda Elsworth, Dr. Tom Barrett, and Amanda Gore support your company and train your representatives?

Please, lets hear all about Hermosa! What is your career and compensation plan? Who knows? There might be some inquiring minds that might like to know more about Hermosa.....that is why we post on these message boards right?
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Postby Sparkle65 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:33 am

I would love to tell you more about Hermosa Sterling! Thanks for asking! :D

Hermosa Sterling is a new company based in Michigan (great for our local struggling economy - lots of job losses here in Michigan due to companies moving to cheaper labor rate areas of the world)! We have been in business since 2004 and only recently have brought reps on board to enter into the world of home based parties.

Our mission statement is to provide quality and affordable .925 sterling silver jewelry to customers without the typical pyramid structure associated with most direct sales businesses. Our focus is not on recruiting reps as a way of advancing within the company. We prefer to focus on offering women the ease of representing a great product at an affordable price while being able to make an extra $800 or so a month, virtually stress free! We also offer our reps the ability to recruit women as a way to additionally supplement their income from Hermosa Sterling. Our current structure allows our reps the ability to build their teams, one level down and build their teams horizontally. Translation: our reps can build their teams with as many gals as they would like, or not build a team at all. We value each rep and listen to what their individual goals are. Not everyone has the desire to recruit until they keel over just to advance within the company. Many of our reps just want to have fun, selling a product they love, without the pressure of being required to recruit to advance within the structure of the company.

As we are such a new company, we are currently working on becoming a member of the DSWA. We, of course, do not have a national conference at this stage of our game! I can't imagine that your company did either after less than a year in the home show market! :wink:

The training we offer is simple common sense acquired through college educations, everyday life, sales and marketing backgrounds, nursing backgrounds, years of experience in direct sales, hours of research, and yes, through some of the trainers that you mentioned, in addition to others. This isn't rocket science, it's jewelry sales! I personally have been trained by the before mentioned trainers as I have been to two of your conferences. They are all great speakers with fantastic books (and videos) that anyone can read and watch to gleen knowledge and motivation from. All it takes is a dream and a belief within oneself to succeed in this business! Supportive owners and true friends made along the way make this business a joy to be associated with!

Finally, to answer your question as to where our jewelry comes from. We have various artists throughout the world who work with us. Some in Israel, Mexico, and some from right here in the good old USA! Again, it doesn't require training in rocket science to find suppliers who will sell their jewelry to corporate purchasers, often the same or virtually similar pieces.

Thank you for inquiring about Hermosa Sterling! We are a fabulous company to work with and I appreciate the opportunity you have given to me to explain what we are all about! :D

If any of you out there are searching for a company with the ambition and beliefs that we hold dear, please contact me! My personal motto is: Dream It and Believe It! And, thank goodness we live in a country where those words ring true!

Sparkle, 8)
Andrea
Andrea Phillips
www.hermosasterling.com
616-874-8988
"I help women SPARKLE!"
Sparkle65

Postby dreaminsilver » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:53 am

Thanks for sharing Andrea!

I have some more questions for you:
Do you gals have a catalog?
Do you sell cash n carry at your shows? or order the items? or both?

Love the name of some of the pieces. Very creative!

I live in Caledonia, where are you?? Great to have you on the boards!

MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Postby ravish30 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:34 am

Andrea

I am not with a jewelry company but I am with Tupperware and we have thousands upon thousands of consultants...there are about 35 in my local area and guess what? I still do a slew of business. I don't fall all over them.

I make myself stand out from them by offering theme parties, being flexible with my schedules, quick turn around of orders, offering top notch personal customer service etc.....so that is why customers come to me.

I have never believed in the over saturated market theory in regards to DS....I believe there are enough customers for us all. It is what the consultant does within her business that counts....how she holds herself, how she markets herself and her business and what she does differently and better then the others.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby Sparkle65 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi MaryBeth!

I have actually met you before and have been to Conference with you! :wink:

We do have a catalog ~ not mass produced like yours, but we are getting there slowly but surely! :D

We basically place orders at our shows. Sometimes we have the ability to sell new pieces off our table. So I guess you could say we do both.

I live here in Rockford and love it!

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Sparkle,
Andrea
Andrea Phillips
www.hermosasterling.com
616-874-8988
"I help women SPARKLE!"
Sparkle65

Postby Sparkle65 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:40 pm

Hi Shelly!

Amen to everything you said about how to run your business! It's truly the consultant who makes the difference! :wink:

Sparkle,
Andrea
Andrea Phillips
www.hermosasterling.com
616-874-8988
"I help women SPARKLE!"
Sparkle65

Postby binki » Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:50 pm

Shelly,

I have't seen tupperware in ages! I really did not know the company was still areound! We have absolutely no reps in this area. Can I PM you my home address to have you send me a catalog? I am dying to see what is offered these days. I remember Tupperware from growing up, but it was never parties (that I recall). Do you gals actually do parties? Do you have any reps in AL? I am close to the Birmingham area.

Thanks
BINK
binki

Postby binki » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:10 pm

Shelly,

Never thought to just go to the website!! DA
I LOVE this kind of product! I noticed you can shop online? I am going to get a couple of things - is there a way for you to receive credit for the sale when I check out? Let me know - I will probably be placing an order later this evening when I have time to browse the site a bit more!

Thanks
BINK
binki

Postby ravish30 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi Bink,

Yes, if you go thru my direct link in my signature tag, I will get the credit for it and in with your shipment will be a new TW catalog.

Now onto SD.....I don't sell SD at all, however I have probably purchased 8 or so pieces of it in the past 2.5 years and everything I have personally purchased, I love! I bought 2 pieces for myself, 1 for my hubby and the other pieces I bought were gifts to my 21 year old daughter...she is a HUGE fan of Sterling Jewelry.

What I love is that its not cheaply made...very nice quality pieces. In November I purchased a SD mens band ring for my hubby as he is HARD on jewelry due to his profession (he is a tradesmen and property manager) and comes home every day in a dirty mess LOL Anyway, he has a matching gold and diamond band ring that matches my wedding set but I wanted something substancial that he could "knock around" and I wouldn't have to FRET about it...so I bought the SD sterling mens band ring....he loves it and wears it every day during the week and then on weekends changes back to his 18 kt gold band ring.

Like I said, I don't sell jewelry...however, I am a jewelry NUT and buy a slew of jewelry from various wahm's online from various companies!

Shelly
ravish30

PreviousNext

Return to Jewelry Companies