[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Market Saturation

Market Saturation

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

Market Saturation

Postby dreamsterling » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:48 pm

I enjoyed reading Shelly's reply regarding this topic, so I decided to make it it's OWN topic.

There is a theory that 20% of the sales force do 80% of the work.

Looking at my team, I think that theory holds true.

As far as saturation, I also read that for REALLY GOOD customer service one person can only serve approximately 300-500 customers a year in a direct sales home based business.

I also have found that what Shelly said to be very true, if you set yourself apart from others, give great service, there is no such thing as competition or saturation for that matter.

I look at HUGE companies like Avon - someone told me there were over a million reps... if that is true then at some point if you try to hold onto the saturation theory, eventually there would be hundreds of thousands of reps that would fail and quit....

but wait......

As my friend in MaryKay said to me: it is like a tub filling with water with the plug open, water trickles in - water trickles out.

Therefore, those that leave companies are constantly being replaced... and so it goes.

If someone tells me that there are "too many reps" in their area to make a living... I laugh. I have 7 in a 4 square mile radius of my home. I do just fine.

So - what do you do to dispell the saturation myth when speaking with someone that wants to do what you do?
dreamsterling

Postby jewelryladi » Mon May 14, 2007 12:48 am

jewelryladi

Postby dreamsterling » Fri May 18, 2007 2:56 pm

thanks for responding! I read on another thread about someone aghast at "all the reps" my company has... and it just made me laugh.

Considering I recruited my neighbor who in turn sold $40K retail in 10 months... and we didn't run into each other once... I find the question of saturation to be an easy way out - for two reasons.

One - people from other companies will use it as an excuse or ploy to say - "join our team not (insert company name here)- there is less of us...." Which is just about the strangest recruiting tactic I have ever heard.

Two - the actual potential recruit uses it as an excuse to sign up with any company - because she is just really scared of trying anything--- or she is afraid of failure - or even success....

There are a ton of woman out there who have dabbled in some form of Direct Sales in their lives... some succeed in their OWN eyes, others succeed in the eyes of their peers. It depends on what your "why" is...

Thanks again for taking the time! And about the church situation... You are NOT stepping on toes - you are providing a service - it is their option to accept or decline your invitation of help.... BUT you need to ask them to find out!! Once you do - I bet you will be pleasantly surprised at their response!

Good luck - Party on!!
P
Stop being the UGLY Step-Sister!!!
Just like Cinderella's Shoe - This job could be the perfect fit for you!!
Ask me how!!! Paula
To view an incredible line of .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry - e-mail me!
Dreamsterling@aol.com
dreamsterling

Postby silverlover2 » Fri May 25, 2007 4:45 pm

I agree with you Paula....there are several reps in my area, some on my own team, but NONE of them work as hard as I do...they all maybe do 2 shows a month if that. I am never worried about market saturation, especially with the few that do not resign as well.

Nancy :)
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Return to Jewelry Companies