[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Vendor Blenders

Vendor Blenders

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

Vendor Blenders

Postby dreamsterling » Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:03 pm

Stop being the UGLY Step-Sister!!!
Just like Cinderella's Shoe - This job could be the perfect fit for you!!
Ask me how!!! Paula
To view an incredible line of .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry - e-mail me!
Dreamsterling@aol.com
dreamsterling

Postby silverlover2 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:16 am

I don't know if there are any secrets for success at a vendor fair. I have done 2 in the past 2 weeks. I sold a few things last week, but the one last night was not as well attended, not as exciting or fun. Don't really know why. They are sponsored by KSOK, our local radio station.

We have to provide a drawing of something valuing $50. We get 3 weeks of advertisement on their radio station for $350. for both nights. I split the events with a new rep...giving her all bookings from last night. She set up her display, her jewelry. Helped her get started. So, we both invested $175. I will earn mine in no time....I got 3 bookings last week plus 7 other leads for bookings while I was there. As long as I get my initial investment back, that is all that matters to me.

So, yes, most of the venfor fairs I have done have been successful....I measure it by getting my investment back and more bookings! Maybe even a new recruit. I really think it depends on the marketing and advertising of the event, how many attend, and if there are NEW people there to see your product and get excited about.

Nancy :)
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:30 pm

Hey Paula & Nancy

I have had some luck with vendor fair type events. I always have a drawing for $50 FREE Jewelry. This is an excellent way to collect leads although they aren't always great leads, it depends. I always ask on the raffle slip if they are interested in purchasing, getting free jewelry by hosting or the business op.

The key is always in the follow up. You can have 50 slips in the drawing but if you don't follow up on them, it isn't worth even doing.

Good luck! 8)

Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby dreamsterling » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:44 pm

Mary - how do you follow up - what do you say on the phone?

I am always at a loss for an ice breaker....
Stop being the UGLY Step-Sister!!!
Just like Cinderella's Shoe - This job could be the perfect fit for you!!
Ask me how!!! Paula
To view an incredible line of .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry - e-mail me!
Dreamsterling@aol.com
dreamsterling

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:11 pm

Hey Paula

I simply say
"Hi Paula, this is Mary, the jewelry lady (or Silpada rep). I met you at the fair on Sunday. I was going through the drawing slips and noticed that you are interested in getting some free jewelry so I wanted to give you a quick call and set up a date for you"

I usually organize my slips....
Anyone w/ Yes or Maybe under purchase jewelry (or receive a catalog), host a party or business op - I call 1st.

Some will have all no's
Some won't have anything checked off.

I leave the no's & blanks for last. I think it is important to touch base with those who are interested in a service first. Then I may call or email the others when I have some time.

The 3 things I find important are
1) Identify yourself & where you met them (they will relate & not feel like it is a cold call that way)
2) If they've already said "Yes" to anything, don't ask them again, go with the next step ie: book the date (don't ask them if they want to book, they've already said yes)
3) Make it about servicing them, not you. ie: I would love to do that for you, pick a date for you, get an order placed for you, send over some business information for you, etc.

Hope this helps! :D
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Vendor fair

Postby jewelryladi » Tue May 08, 2007 12:41 am

The last one I went to was OK . . . I actually had an order or two!

The people at the church had a drawing for a gift . . . I offered $50 in free jewelry, which I paid for with my discount.

I was putting together a small show at the time . . . so I found a creative way to maximize those bookings. (This only works if your plan has a built-in way to get people jewelry at half-price.)

I had an order where several people ordered ONE ITEM or TWO ITEMS. Now, our plan allows people to buy two items and get the third and MOST EXPENSIVE at half-price. I had about 6 half-price discounts to give away, including the three the hostess never wants (because she'd rather get free jewelry than half-price!)

So I drew 6 names at random, told them that they didn't win the shopping spree but they had won our SECOND CHANCE DRAWING and therefore were eligable to purchase ANY ITEM IN THE CATALOG at half-price!

At least a couple of people ended up taking me up on it . . . including one who seemed interested in booking a party and getting FREE jewelry. I need to track down her number and call her.
jewelryladi

Return to Jewelry Companies