[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Street Fairs

Street Fairs

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

Street Fairs

Postby SilverCal » Sun Jun 24, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone do or have luck with street fairs? My jewelry is not inventoried, so customers have to order it. I was wondering with street fairs if you get enough leads for parties, etc. that make it worth it. We have a summer street fair here, but it is $50.00 a week and requires a 4 week minimum sign up. I would love to do it, but wanted to find out from others who have experience with them how they go.
Also, if you do them, do you do anything special (raffles, etc.) to draw people to your booth?

Thanks,
Tracy
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Postby ilovecharms » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi Tracy,

I sell jewelry as well and have done quite a few fairs. Here are my thoughts.

I have gotten some good leads but there have been times when I told myself I wouldn't do them again! I usually do though! If you can share the cost with someone that helps.

My jewelry also has to be ordered so there isn't new inventory to sell there. I do set out a display of my current items. I set out my discontinued or past display jewelry and sell it cheap just to get people to hang around my booth and talk to them about my jewelry and try to get bookings and find new consultants. My main goal is to get leads and not make sales at the fair. I make a big sign saying that my jewelry is 75% off or whatever.

I have a drawing for free jewelry and have forms that I'd be happy to share with you. People fill out their contact info and mark their interest in buying, hosting and consultant opp.

Oh, if there's anyway you can get a booth or table that gets the least amount of sun you will be so glad. Sterling silver and any jewelry can heat up and burn hands. I've learned from experience!

On the negative side, I've had a lot of people mark on the forms that they were interested in parties or consultant info, only to have them not be receptive when I call. I usually have some come through so it wouldn't hurt to try. I don't know that I'd have the stamina to last for 4 weeks. Maybe they'll let you split the weeks with a diffenent vendor or fellow rep.

Hope that helps. Contact me if I can answer any questions for you.

Gerri'
gtaylor@sisna.com
Charm Bracelets and Jewelry make Beautiful Gifts!

Sterling Silver Charms and Jewelry

Capture life's special moments with charms!

http://www.charmedmoments.com/?consultantid=584
ilovecharms

Postby SilverCal » Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:55 pm

Hi Gerri,

Thanks for the input. It is hard when you don't have a product to actually sell right away, which I don't. I was hoping that maybe it would be a great way to generate leads for parties. I did talk with the person in charge and can commit to only 2 weeks (I just thought 4 weeks was way too much). I probably will give it a try just to see how it goes. I appreciate your response and may be emailing you with more questions:). Thanks so much.

Tracy
SilverCal Tracy
SilverCal

Return to Jewelry Companies