[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - What would you do?

What would you do?

This forum is for all jewelry company Reps or those with questions on a jewelry company. No advertising please!

Moderator: ebuzz

What would you do?

Postby dreamsterling » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:56 pm

I am just going to throw this out there...

I have front loaded my month well for November and just found out that my Father will require surgery 2000 miles away and I have to leave for an undetermined length of time. (at least 3 weeks, possibly longer)...

I have called my hostesses and most are now good friends (serial bookers) that are very loyal to me... everyone understands and have been so kind to me.

My questions are:

How do I get my calendar up when I return, when I have NO idea when I am returning?

What would you do? I even had one hostess tell me, "I have so much jewelry - I could do the party without you" - made me laugh!!

Anyone on here have a similar situation that de-railed their business? And if so - how did you handle it?

Any ideas for quick holiday individual sales that I could do via phone or e-mail?

What would you bring with you if you had to re-locate your business 2000 miles away??

I do have one friend that lives near my Dad that is going to host a show for me while I am out there... but that is dependant on how my Dad's surgery goes and all...

I am drowning...

Thanks for listening...
Paula
Stop being the UGLY Step-Sister!!!
Just like Cinderella's Shoe - This job could be the perfect fit for you!!
Ask me how!!! Paula
To view an incredible line of .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry - e-mail me!
Dreamsterling@aol.com
dreamsterling

Postby silverlover2 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:35 pm

Oh Paula,

Look at it this way - you are going to have a wonderful opportunity to grow your business where your father lives!

Hospital surgery? There are nurses, aides, Doctors, therapists and so forth that wear jewelry and will buy for Christmas!

Home health nursing care at home? Those nurses may help you.

Neighbors? Church affiliations? His friends contacts? Do at least 3 shows while you are there if you can. OR just take LOTS of orders and enter your own show.

In the meantime, those hostesses at home, schedule for later in November and December! Before you leave or when you do leave, print off all of your past customers from this year. Print off some holiday wish lists from our website. Send them out and put a deadline on them when to return. If their Santa is an early shopper, tell them to return before the end of Nov. and receive FREE shipping. If their Santa is a late shopper, they must return before Dec. 10th to guarantee shipping.

Buy holiday theme post cards or recycle holiday greeting cards - but cut off the back side and turn them into postcards. Mail them out to everyone you know letting them know they can shop from you this holiday season instead of fighting the crowds at the local mall! Offer a small discount if they order by a certain date.

I hope these ideas help you!

Nancy :)
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Postby dreamsterling » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:46 pm

thanks Nancy - that helped alot... I am struggling to figure out what I should bring with me - it is a LONG trip and I have to fly... so... will start at the bottom and go from there... I can always have catalogs shipped direct to Dad's house instead of me carrying them along with other supplies that I might need...

working on a Wish List to send via e-mail... and other notions...

thanks for the support - I really needed it.

P
dreamsterling

Postby silverlover2 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:09 am

I have a question! With all the bad weather all over the country, I am sure we all are trying to hold our shows anyway. With that said, is it to rude to suggest to your hostess to have the sidewalks shoveled to insure their guests safety, let alone our own?

Just wondering!

Nancy :)
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Return to Jewelry Companies