[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Do you take responsibility for your business??

Do you take responsibility for your business??

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Do you take responsibility for your business??

Postby taraburner » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:10 am

Do people not realize the importance of taking responsibility in their business?

If you were to mess up would you
a) admit and offer to make it right
b) not communicate with the affected party
c) complain to networks when the person who got messed over posted about you?

I recently had the misfortune to purchase some products from a person and well here you can read and see the pics at

http://naturallytara.blogspot.com/2008/ ... iness.html

and then

this mornings post

http://naturallytara.blogspot.com/2008/ ... pissy.html

Now perhaps y'all will understand the importance of if you make a mistake on someone's order, be accountable for it so it doesnt snow ball.

Because now this person has a few friends on Ryze who complained because the truth was posted, yet the bad publicity she's gotten has already affected her and potential customers not to mention her disappearing act for a week affected her business as well.

So, I've been suspended from being able to post on Ryze... oh wow like that hurt me? If anything it helped me get off a network mostly full of whiners and butt kissing clicquey fools who can't handle the truth. (with the exception of a select few)

Please people, if you're serious about your business and care about your customers do right by them if you screw up otherwise you may end up on someone's forum postings or blog and that may not be a good thing.

hope this helps someone realize the importance of accountability and dealing with business the correct way.

Tara
taraburner

Postby ravish30 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 am

If I would of messed up a person's order....

I would immediately apologize to that customer and I would make good on the transaction. I would fix the situation immediately if it was fixable and if not, I would fully refund the customer/clients money...again with several apologies for my blunder.

I certainly would NOT ignore them!

I believe in being professional, stepping up to the plate and dealing with problems immediately.

Sorry that has happened to you Tara
ravish30

Postby taraburner » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:58 am

I think it's hilarious on all aspects at this point
this so called biz person just screwed herself out of potential customers all because she wouldn't stand up and be accountable for her shoddy work!
pathetic!
Tara
taraburner

Postby Cherl » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:47 pm

I love your point of view Tara and how dealing with you is so cut and dry. I always know where you stand on things and I appriciate your directness.

Cherl
Cherl

Postby jillsartwork » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:00 pm

Well I definatley learn alot from you Tara and your knowledge of business is extroidinary.

Thank you!

Jill
jillsartwork

Postby ravish30 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:02 pm

ravish30

Postby jillsartwork » Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:40 pm

jillsartwork

Postby ravish30 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:02 pm

ravish30

Excellent!

Postby suesquier@yahoo.com » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Excellent Point! Thanks.

I too would have owned it and fixed it right away. Too bad for her.

Sue Squier
suesquier@yahoo.com

Postby suesquier@yahoo.com » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:31 pm

Tara,

How long have you been in business? Did you start both companies on your own?

Love to chat.

Sue
suesquier@yahoo.com

Next

Return to General Business Discussions