[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Interviewing and Choosing an Upline?

Interviewing and Choosing an Upline?

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Interviewing and Choosing an Upline?

Postby ravish30 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:13 am

Do you feel its important to interview and get to know who your potential upline would be when considering joining a new company?

Do you feel the knowledge and experience of an upline plays a factor in ones success?

Do you feel folks should "shop" around for the right upline that fits & suits them before signing up for a particular company?
ravish30

Postby Audrey » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:40 am

I'm smiling here. It took me one year to decide on the company and upline.

Yes, I believe all of those things are important.
Audrey

Postby ccarroll » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:39 pm

For certian people should be selective!

Each person has different needs from an upline. If you know you want someone strong and willing to do a brain drain for you, then that is what you need to look for.

If you don't need an upline, then that is fine too. I think that it is important to look for someone that has business qualities that you would like to follow.

Are you going to hurt someones feelings? Maybe, But you know that you will have all of the tools available and the inpsiration and drive will come from within you to succeed.
Chris

It's My business to help grow Your business!
Burn Clean
ccarroll

Postby workathomemommy1080 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:35 am

Chris, my sentiments exactly. It is quite possible you can find a product line you love but the person who introduces it to you may not be a good fit for the kind of support you feel you need. I think a strong upline is especially important if you are just getting started in direct sales.
Cheryl
Work at Home Center- new wah jobs posted weekly
http://wahcenter.blogspot.com/

Sample Gal - Free sign-up until 4/15/08
http://www.samplegal.com/members/wildrose/index.html

Mineral Girlz - Only $25 to sign-up
http://www.mineralgirlz.com/members/wildrose/index.html
workathomemommy1080

Postby SuperSillyMom » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:39 am

SuperSillyMom

Postby hipchickjewels » Sat May 17, 2008 2:34 am

upline makes a huge difference! I not only wanted a friend and a partner in business. I wanted someone to celebrate my ups and downs and she had to be a good fit. I interviewed my upline and I couldn't be more thrilled!

Haven't we all had or heard of those terrible experiences of those horrid uplines!

Congrats on your new business!!! Best of luck!
Tina
hipchickjewels

Postby Deb » Sat May 17, 2008 8:52 am

Hi Shelley.

While it is important and just plain common sense to want to know who you are signing up with and who you are entering into a "hopefully" long term business relationship with no I do not feel that one should go around "sponser shopping" and waste other peoples time and your time as well.
Too many take this to an extreme.
I have never sponser shopped as I always "CLICKED" with my sponsers to be.A few simple questions and a conversation was all that was needed. Only once did I turn down a sponser in a company (who was the very first person who I spoke to about it) for very good reasons.

SO many do this,sponser shop till the cows come home and they take forever to make a decision. (procrastination is the great thief of all time)
It can be used as an EXCUSE to just "not get started" in your business whether they realize it or not.

Also,usually but not always the one who is doing the "sponser shopping" asks a barage of questions to see if the sponser QUALIFIES for "them" to join them while the sponser shopper themselves NEVER even think what THEY are willing to bring to the table as a potential "sponser-ree" lol
Do THEY qualify? :)
The SPONSER is the one if any that should be doing the interviewing :D
Do "they" pass the test for the sponser? Are they willing to go to work and follow the success system that the company and the more "experienced" upline who is earning the big check from has in place? Are they teachable and willing to learn from those who are doing it?Will they show up or will they make excuses? Are they willing to INVEST the money and time in their new business treating it as a business or do they want everything for free?

So while its just plain common sense and intelligent to KNOW what kind of sponser you are going to be working with there are some questions that THEY should be asking THEMSELVES.

What am I prepared to bring to the table? Am I prepared to follow their business system or am I going to try to complicate things and reinvent the wheel? Am I COACHABLE and willing to learn from those who are doing it and achieving success? Am I a team player? Am I willing to do MY PART to succeed in MY business? (No upline no matter how successful is going to build your business FOR YOU so dont get soooooo hung up on the sponser shopping) Its up to you to ultimately be a success not them.

Just a few questions to ask yourself...along with..."What kind of sponser would "I" make and why would others want to join with "me"?" :D

Just some food for thought.

Deb 8)

http://www.debbiedegrande.com
Deb

Postby Deb » Sat May 17, 2008 9:01 am

P.S.

I have a friend who has been very successful in several companies throughout the years. In every single company she rose right to the top of the pay plan.
In all those companies she NEVER had a good sponser!.
One quit shortly after she joined.The other was just never there. She had to learn everything on her own and rely soley on the company material,conference calls etc..

I know someone else, a top leader in Herbalife. She joined Herbalife seven years ago. Her sponser quit and her sponsers sponser got terminted for very unethical behaviour. She was TOTALLY new to mlm and without a sponser or any upline support whatsoever but she had such great results with the products,she really wanted to share it with others and build a business so she just followed the companies success system,plugged into and went to work!
She made no excuses.
She earns a full time income from home in Herbalife.
She posts on another forum that I belong to and she has talked about it in her posts at times (having no sponser or upline support) yet she was determined to succeed anyway.

Too many get hung up on the sponser shopping. You can join the most successful distributor in the company with the best team yet still not make a dime. Its ultimately up to you. They will not build your business "for you"
If you really want to succeed you will,with or without a sponser.

Deb 8)
Deb

Postby Deb » Sat May 17, 2008 9:21 am

P.S.S. :D (Im forgetful first thing in the morning...need another coffee)

There are cases where no interviewing is required at all, as in online forums and communities.

We have all been on forums for many years. We are visible. Others read our posts and "watch us". They can tell a lot about us from our online interaction with others.

Example,if I were ever going to join Tupperware I would join you Shelley and not even think about it.
I would just go to your site and sign up as I have seen you post for years. I see that you are a committed leader in Tupperware. You have proved yourself in my books.
Why on earth would I need to "shop around"? :?

Gotta dash...

Deb 8)
Deb

Postby workathomemommy1080 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:53 pm

Deb,

You make some excellent points. And there are other sources of help out there, other than just your upline, such as forums like this.

To me, everything in moderation.
Cheryl
Work at Home Center- new wah jobs posted weekly
http://wahcenter.blogspot.com/

Sample Gal - Free sign-up until 4/15/08
http://www.samplegal.com/members/wildrose/index.html

Mineral Girlz - Only $25 to sign-up
http://www.mineralgirlz.com/members/wildrose/index.html
workathomemommy1080

Return to General Business Discussions