[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Thoughts on charging customers for catalogs

Thoughts on charging customers for catalogs

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Thoughts on charging customers for catalogs

Postby bono » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:16 am

HI!

I was wondering others input on charging customers for their catalogs? It sounded kind of tacky to me at first, but after giving many of them away - I am thinking this over twice. I do not think that many women know that I have to pay for these. I just had a customer call and ask for her 3rd! catalog (as she "lost" the other two)? I told her that I would be happy to get her one, but I personally have to purchase them. She offered to pay for this and is willing to do a show in the spring. I think I am going to take the money this time?

Would it be tacky to let customers know that us sales reps have to purchase catalogs and or charge them for these (unless they comitt to a party)?

I am looking at the expense vs the outcome. Our company is brand new and it seems like everyone wants a catalog, but not everyone is willing to comitt to a show?

thanks
Karen
http://www.hermosasterling.com/home.asp
Karen -
bono

Postby sraynor » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:55 pm

I don't think you should charge people for the books. It's part of the business and your advertiseing chalk it up to busness expenses

whould you expect to to have to pay? maybe if it's the money your worried about direct them to look at the products online if they are not online ask the company to create a little preview online so people can see what the products is then they can ask for a book if they are interested.

I hope this kind of helped I dont' mean to come across rude or anything!
Stephanie Raynor
Independant Regal Rep

www.regalcatalogues.ca

stephanie_raynor@hotmail.com
sraynor

Postby taraburner » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:01 am

Some people 'charge' a "deposit' and if people order, they apply the "charge" for the catalog to their order.
Personally we don't send out catalogs since my company is an eco-friendly one so it doesn't apply to us but I've seen/heard others who do 'charge' a nominal fee for catalogs.
Tara
taraburner

Postby ravish30 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:49 am

I don't charge for catalogs at all.
ravish30

Postby jewelrylady98 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:06 pm

I do not charge for catalogs. I would be offended if someone charged me for one, so I would not do that to my customer.
~Shay
"If you can wear jewelry, YOU can sell jewelry!"
http://www.ryze.com/go/ShayDLady

Do you KNOW what is in your household products?
http://www.themomteam.com/smw98
jewelrylady98

Postby risajane_2000 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:19 pm

I do not charge for my catalogs either and ours a bit pricey but still reasonable for the quality of the catalog BUT I do require that if someone wants a catalog they give me contact information so that I can follow up with them.
Marisa
Jewelry Party Coordinator
"You're unique, shouldn't your jewelry be too?"
risajane_2000

Postby cinnamonmomof3 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:04 pm

I would not charge for catalogs unless they cost me an arm and a leg and in that case I don't want to be with a company that's catalogs are that expencive.
[url]https://www.myinitials-inc.com/cinnamon[/url]
cinnamonmomof3

Postby Rosalee » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:11 pm

I do know of some ladies that charge as much as $2.00 per catalog- do to the expense of the cost of mailing out the catalogs. I, myself do not charge for my catalogs.

Rosie Decker
Home & Garden Party
http://www.homeandgardenparty.com/Home?webid=Rosie
Rosalee832@hotmail.com
This is the Day that the Lord has made;we shall rejoice & be glad in it
Rosalee

Postby silverlover2 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:04 pm

It is a catalog for contact information unless they are a hostess or potential recruit.
Nancy
silverbelle100@sbcglobal.net

"My doctor said I need to accessorize more.....or was that exercise?"
silverlover2

Postby Darlene » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:26 am

It cost me over $35 one day to send out catalogs to people. I do this every month and then when I get requests through the month as well I send out catalogs. I do not charge anyone for these. Its part of the business and yes it does get pricey but I get business from doing this.
~Darlene~
Independent Watkins Associate
http://www.watkinsonline.com/ddemell
~Make Watkins Your #1 Choice~
Darlene

Postby ravish30 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:52 am

I do the same Darlene and I mail out catalogs weekly and I mail out alot. Around 50-75 a month and that doesn't include local requests, hosts or party guests.

It does get expensive but I do NOT charge for them. I keep accurate records and receipts and I write it off on my taxes. Its part of doing business. I find that alot of folks are more apt to order if they have a catalog in their hands. Even though I have a website, I keep my phone # on it and I get 3-5 phone calls a week from customers who prefer to give me their order via phone.
ravish30

Postby Darlene » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:33 pm

Same here Shelly, I didn't mention the people who come to my door or phone and ask for a catalog. Yes it is expensive but as you said, that is business. I would never charge someone for a book.
~Darlene~
Independent Watkins Associate
http://www.watkinsonline.com/ddemell
~Make Watkins Your #1 Choice~
Darlene

Postby workathomemommy1080 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:24 am

I don't charge for catalogs but I do require their contact information. But in your case where the woman was careless, I think you acted appropriately in explaining to her how they cost you money and that she needs to be more mindful. I think people don't even realize the expense involved and would be more appreciative and careful if they did.
Cheryl
Work at Home Center- new wah jobs posted weekly
http://wahcenter.blogspot.com/

Sample Gal - Free sign-up until 4/15/08
http://www.samplegal.com/members/wildrose/index.html

Mineral Girlz - Only $25 to sign-up
http://www.mineralgirlz.com/members/wildrose/index.html
workathomemommy1080

Return to General Business Discussions