[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - ~ Signature Tags ~ Emails & Posts

~ Signature Tags ~ Emails & Posts

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

~ Signature Tags ~ Emails & Posts

Postby ravish30 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:37 pm

How important do you feel it is to have a good signature tag on your network posts, group posts, message boards and on your emails?

Do you yourself read signature tags in the emails you get and the posts you read?

Do you think folks should have graphics and a banner in their signature tag or does that turn you off?

What are your tips in regards to doing up an effective signature tag?

Like the Short & Sweet? (or) detailed with info?
ravish30

Postby PassionDivaTrishia » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:36 pm

I use the links in signature tags all the time. I wouldn't have known about Tara's gourmet dog goodies if it wasn't in her signature line. I also like to be able to just click and shop versus having to go to someone's profile to find their website.

For some companies, I think it is important to have some information about what they offer. One of my pet peeves is sites that don't give any information about what they offer! You have to fill out a form or watch a video to find out. I just don't have the time or patience for it.

I try to buy a lot of my things from people involved with direct sales or who are WAHM's, so I want to know right away what they offer and if I can use it.
Trishia Shelly-Stephens
Passion Parties Executive Director

www.mypassiondiva.com

Liberating Women from the Bedroom to the Bank!

Change your life and the lives of others with a Passion Parties career.
PassionDivaTrishia

Postby LorettaA » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:01 pm

I click on signature tags all the time. So, I would say they are important. I like to see the latest products people offer, especially when new catalogs come out.

I think a banner is good if it is visually appealing. Some banners can take away from a company.
~* Loretta *~
Scentsy, Independent Consultant
LorettaA

Postby Audrey » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:59 pm

Shelly,

I prefer short and sweet. I sometimes get emails. The email is under 10 words. The signature is 7 or 8 lines.

Same for forums. I've seen many forum owners make rules that signatures can be no more than 3 lines.

I hate seeing posts with one or two words and then a 6 or 7 line signature :(
Audrey

Postby ravish30 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:17 pm

I also prefer short and sweet.

I am not fond of big graphics in sig tags, a bunch of hype or ads etc. Just short, sweet and to the point please.
ravish30

Postby InfertilityMom » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:25 am

I like signature lines. Helps me know where the poster is coming from without having to go and read detailed profiles every time. I don't read signatures every time, but I do at least skim them pretty frequently and often follow links if they promote something I am at all interested in.

I guess I'm one who must turn some of you off with my 7 lines of signature text!
Jenni Saake
Affordable Mineral Makeup™ rep
www.InnerBeautyGirls.com
www.InnerBeautyGirlz.blogspot.com

Gurrlie Girl™ Christian Jewelery - Fun, Fashion, Faith at http://www.gurrliegirl.com/consultants/ ... o/?id=1136

Play Your Way to Christian Values
www.BlessedToys.com/members/infertilitymom

Author, www.HannahsHopeBook.com Seeking God's Heart in the Midst of Infertility, Miscarriage & Adoption Loss
InfertilityMom

Postby taraburner » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:02 pm

short and sweet for me...
I do'nt have time nor attention spam for much more than a few url's
Tara
taraburner

Postby hipchickjewels » Sat May 17, 2008 2:30 am

I agree- short and sweet...
hipchickjewels

Return to General Business Discussions