[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Selling for a living in my so called TOUGH city..

Selling for a living in my so called TOUGH city..

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Selling for a living in my so called TOUGH city..

Postby Deb » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:55 am

I live in a wealthy but conservative city...Ultra conservative with a ultra conservative attitude.
About 400.000 people live here.
There is lots of money here and there are more millionaires per capita here than Toronto,Canadas largest city.
Insurance,real estate and other white collar professions make up most of the wealth here.
I live in a true Insurance capitol that goes back to the good old London Life days,they were a Mega successful insurance company.

There is a famous saying about my city....They say if you can sell in London you can sell anywhere!

They say that London is one of the TOUGHEST cities to SELL....sell anything...whether it be MLM or any type of Traditional sales job its tougher here than most other cities in Canada.

Many here have money but they dont spend it they say,they hang on to it.

Direct sales,MLM,party plan is all TOUGHER to build here they say.

At times I fall for it as I hear the never ending cliche that London is a TOUGH city to sell and make a living in.

I hear it ad nauseaum, so when you constantly hear it it CAN effect you. You begin to believe it.

Well,last week a friend of mine went to one of our ritzy malls.
"He" was called over by a friendly,well dressed,assertive woman who was selling high end skin care, dead sea minerals from Israel.

He is a guy,LOL but for some reason she called HIM over. :lol:

Well, they had a good talk for about fifteen minutes and he came away buying two of their top selling skin care products for $50.00 each. LOL

He told me that in her hand was a STACK FULL of receipts from sales she had.
He said she must have had HUNDREDS of receipts from all the skin care products that she sold.
She was GOOD he said!
Her attitude was,she was there to SELL her products which were not cheap, She had a great attitude and had an answer for everything.

After he told me this,I thought to myself if my city is so TOUGH "why" did she kick butt selling? :idea:

Could it have been her attitude? :mrgreen:

Do you think that she was telling herself, "I cant make money in this cheap,tight conservative,coupon clipping city?

No!

She was kicking butt in what is SUPPOSE to be a TOUGH city to sell in,one of the TOUGHEST cities in Canada.

After hearing this, I am bound and determined not to listen to any more people who give ALLLLLL the reasons under the sun as to why they cannot sell "here"

That woman at the mall is doing it!

My friend in Party Lite Candles is doing it!

Another person I know who sells seminars is doing it!

And many many more are making a comfortable living SELLING in MY city!

The point of my thread is,there is always a long list of EXCUSES that anyone of us can use to not build a business and we can let the hearsay,cliches and negativity get to us.

In my case, this is something that I have had to constantly hear for many years hence I started believing it myself!

There is nothing more POWERFUL than building in your own backyard.
What a shame that I have totally "put off" building here because of all the TALK about how TOUGH my city is to sell in.

Not anymore.

I have built here before and I will build here again!

I see a Mary Kay rep here tearing it up...if she can do it..in MY city... ...in a company where there are HUNDREDS of distributors here to compete with,I can do it.
Ive done it before.
So WHY did I allow myself to fall under all this negativity of how it CANT be done "here" ?

Millions of dollars are made daily in this city...the gal at the mall is selling up a storm.
YES, I can sell in MY city!

The Hotels are still jammed packed with MLM meetings from different companies and thousands of professional sales people are making a killing here every day.

I have come back to my sense and I realize just what a GOLDMINE I have in my own backyard!

Deb (kickin the hearsay and negativity to the curb!)

YES I CAN SELL IN LONDON ONTARIO!
:wink:

"For those who are saying it cant be done stay out of the way of those who are doing it!" 8)
Deb

Postby Darlene » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:19 pm

Way to go Deb. You can do it. Get out there and SELL girl. :lol:
~Darlene~
Independent Watkins Associate
http://www.watkinsonline.com/ddemell
~Make Watkins Your #1 Choice~
Darlene

Return to General Business Discussions