[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Mystery Hostess ideas needed

Mystery Hostess ideas needed

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Mystery Hostess ideas needed

Postby Bev S » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:10 pm

I want to hold a Mystery Hostess show at my house at the beginning of Sept and I need ideas on how to do this. Anyone who's had a Mystery hostess show, would you mind sharing how you did it?

Bev
*..•´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.•´ ..•´¨¨)) -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´ * -:¦:-
Read any good books lately?
Bev S

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:17 pm

Hi there,

Good luck, I sent invitations to everyone I thought might possibly want to be involved, past hostesses, guests, neighbors, everyone! I also had mine in October, so it was a "Halloween party with a surprise hostess."

I play an auction with fake auction money at my shows, auction off some small HGP products. They can earn money by wearing a witch hat, wearing orange, bringing a snack to share, bring an outside order, bring a friend, book a show, take an opportunity packet, anything you can think of. You can adjust those things to fit your theme, or don't have a special theme, just give $ for bringing a guest, an order, booking, giving the hostess a hug,, anything you can think of. Give more money for things like bookings and orders than for things like wearing orange, ya know?

Also, for the surprise hostess, I put their name in 1 time for every $30 they ordered. Then if they came but didn't order, they dont get benefits, that avoids people wanting something for nothing. Then if they order $60, they get put in the drawing 2 times. You can adjust that, of course, too.

Enjoy! Good luck!
Mindy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby Bev S » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:25 pm

Thanks Mindy.... my show is tomorrow night and I'm getting very excited! I hope it all goes well....

They've already earned tickets for RSVPing to me, and they'll earn more by doing the following:

coming to the show
bringing a friend
filling out customer card
extra tickets if they fill out the wish list on the back
book a show from me
place an order - 1 ticket for every $20
talk about one of the books I have on display

I'm also going to do a silly thing where I ask questions and every time they answer yes, the win more tickets. Like, have you ever locked yourself out of the house? Had your zipper break in public? Called a family member by another name? and a whole list of other questions. I figured that would get the show started with people laughing!

Bev
*..•´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.•´ ..•´¨¨)) -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´ * -:¦:-
Read any good books lately?
Bev S

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:52 pm

Great idea! I played the "have you ever" game before, but never thought to give tickets or "money" out for yes answers. That might be interesting! lol

GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you'll have a great show! Let me know!
Mindy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:47 pm

Bev
Good luck with your Mystery Hostess tomorrow night, let us know how it goes. Sounds like you are expecting a great turn out, hope it goes great!
Mary
8)
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby MDGourmet » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:08 pm

So, how did it go? I am planning a Mystery Hostess party in October, so any hints and/or suggestions are appreciated!!
Carrie K
Founding Consultant #1131
MDGourmet@adelphia.net
MDGourmet

Return to General Business Discussions