[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Online parties/virtual parties

Online parties/virtual parties

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Online parties/virtual parties

Postby babybydar » Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:56 pm

Have any of you been successful with hosting an online party for your direct sales business? I have been thinking about doing one for the holidays but I am not sure the best way to go about it. I have done one in the past and had gotten not one order! GRRR!!! Have any ideas or advice? HELP!!!

Thanks in advance!
Become a founding sales representative with BabyCrazy! Visit http://babycrazy.com/dpfab.

If you would like to learn more, please e-mail me at babybydar@yahoo.com.
babybydar

Postby tonja » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:29 pm

I participated in an online Vendor Fair fundraiser - for this i opened an online psrty for Tupperware - advertised it as Mystery Host !
Well I got 1 order and it was from someone in my city who I only told by chance(they rep for anothe Biz)
So I am surely not the one to offer any ideas LOL Mine don't turn out really well either! I don't know if interactive ones might do better - TW just has invites and then they go to the site and order - I know some folks do them more of a chat with games and such - never been to one of these befor
Good Luck !
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby ravish30 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:51 am

Hello ladies

I do very well with online parties....I do 1 hour live chat room parties complete with games & guest goodie bags and so forth.

My hosts usually find me via my advertising and then we set up the date & time....I have her/him email me all of the email addys of their guests and I email out invites 1 week before the party and again a day & a half before the party.

The day of the party I email out a list of specials that will be going on just incase they cant make the party but still wish to order.

Your most successful online parties are ones that you have a HOST for and she gives you the names & email addys of her guests.

I have also done the vendor fairs....you need to be careful with them as alot of people who attend vendor fairs are there as VENDORS and are mostly looking for sales and not buying or doing very little buying.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby angienewton » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:17 pm

I love online parties! I have had pretty good success with them. I look at online parties and online vendor events as a way to network mostly (sales are good too!) but once people get to know you, what you have to offer, etc they are more likely to refer you to others and even purchase from you.

Here is some info that may be helpful too.

http://www.homepartyplannetwork.com/onl ... /index.htm

http://networkwahms.net/howtos.htm

http://www.mommyshelperonline.com/onlin ... twork.html

I'm having a Mystery Hostess online party on 9/7 @ 8:30 pm Eastern in my exclusive party room http://www.networkwahms.net/Americas_Gi ... ction_Chat and you're welcome to join us!

Shelly...great tips!
~Angie~

angienewton

Return to General Business Discussions