[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Hurricane Katrina, how can we help?

Hurricane Katrina, how can we help?

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Hurricane Katrina, how can we help?

Postby babybydar » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:57 am

Does anyone have any ideas on how we could raise money for the victims of Hurricane Katrina? What are you offering? If you have started something, how is it going?

This is a time when all of us can make a difference. The victims are left with practically nothing. They not only need things now, but will in the future. The holidays are just around the corner and most will have to do without this year. We all sell products that they will need. Whether it is clothing, home decor (for when they finally have a home), toys, body products, food, books, you name it, they need it!

Please share your ideas.
Become a founding sales representative with BabyCrazy! Visit http://babycrazy.com/dpfab.

If you would like to learn more, please e-mail me at babybydar@yahoo.com.
babybydar

Postby tonja » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:52 am

Tupperware - is seling a 2 cup Flat Out for $10 (plus ship and Tax) then they are donating $9 to the Red Cross Less ship and handling fee)- plus all money that Consultants donate they are matching up to $50k - they also sent thousands of large air and water tight containers there
Enchanted Potions - is sending Soap, shampoo,lotion, hand cleansing gel(like antibacterial hand cleaner no water needed) etc. The reps are donating percentages of thier sales - by ordering products to be sent as well - everyone there will need hygeine products - EP is paying the shipping for all products that the reps buy or sell and customers donate to send there.
So this is how 2 of my biz are trying to help and these ways allow me to help as well !If anyone wants to help through either of these let me know!
Also I have a bunch of kids clothes and toys that I donated to the red cross here locally as they are sending them down there to help - clothes are really needed and I imagine the poor kids are going nuts with nothing to do
I wanted to also mention - so that no one thinks I am advertising - I receive NO rep sales credit for any items I sell for Tupperware nor Enchanted Potions - these are DONATION items and do NOT benefit me - they are for the Benifit of those in need.
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby ravish30 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:15 am

Our church is adopting a family and moving them up here.

I am also doing a fundraiser through Tupperware and donating 65% of my sales to the Red Cross & to the Catholic Charities Organizations.

We are also taking up clothing drives, non perishable food drives, toy drives and money drives locally and it will be delivered directly to the victims.

Shelly
ravish30

hi

Postby homemaker » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:58 am

There are sites that you can visit to see what is going on in your area.
www.nola.com
www.cnn.com

Here at our base we are of course doing all we can. Sending people,doing backpack drives,etc
I like the backpack drive becouse some are new,and some are used,but we are filling them with supplies like markers,crayons,pencils,writting paper,individually wrapped snacks,or any other things that you may have gotten your own child to go to school with.
homemaker

Katrina

Postby sdj329 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:27 pm

I do home shows for Homemakers Idea, and just today, after praying and asking God what I could do since I did not have the money to go out and buy what I would like to, I then realized that I could use what I had, which was to send a letter to all my past hostesses and customers to let them know that I am offering Releif shows, which is for every show, I will donate at least half of my commission to the relief efforts. I want to fill up September and October so that I will be able to send a steady amount of money. I tried to let them know that I was NOT doing this for bookings, but to have a way to help. I just pretty much poured out my heart in the letter. God knows the intentions of the heart, and mine are pure. I just pray for a good response so that I can help in a manner of which I feel that they all deserve. My company is also donating to the red cross through the sale of some of our angel ornaments, so by having a show, people can help out in 2 ways. Good luck to all who are doing their best!! Sharon:D
sdj329

Fundraiser for Red Cross

Postby dawnnotto » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:32 pm

My husband and I were trying to explain to my (3 year old) son what happened and that we should be thankful for what we have and how we should aways give to those who are in need. That's when it hit me - that I needed to do more than just the donation that I had already sent to the Red Cross. SO - I am hosting a fundraiser on September 25th. Albert Konder Collections will donate 15% of all sales to the Red Cross. With each booking, they will donate an additional $15.00 more and I, personally, will donate an additional $20.00.

I've sent about 200 invitations and have notices posted in a couple of businesses. I must say that Kinko's has been WONDERFUL to me! They printed all of my invitations, in color, for free! My local grocery stores and a local bakery have been great also, assuring me that they will provide food and drinks for the fundraiser.

I just hope that by the time the actual date rolls around that people won't be fundraisered out (is that a word?).

Alone we can do so little - together we can do so much!

Dawn
dawnnotto

Return to General Business Discussions