[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - My Mystery Hostess show!

My Mystery Hostess show!

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

My Mystery Hostess show!

Postby Bev S » Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:48 pm

Well, I had my Mystery Hostess show at my house last Thursday. I've been so swamped at home since then that I haven't had a chance to post....

I was very pleased with the response. I sent out my invitations a little over 2 weeks before the show and saw most of the people that I invited before the RSVP date. My first 4 RSVP's were no's..... But that was okay. I was just thankful that they let me know! lol! But I have to admit, I was getting a little worried! lol! The ones I didn't talk to, I called to find out if they were coming. I only had one person not show up that said she would, but I found out later that her child got sick.

I had 8 people show up on time, so they got extra points toward being the Mystery Hostess. The others all got there about 10 minutes late.... I promised them in the invitation that we'd start at 7:00 and I'd be done by 8:30. I was actually finished shortly after 8:00 and was able to collect all the orders and picked the Mystery Hostess by 8:30. Most of the guests stayed till about 9, eating refreshments and just talking. But everyone was gone by 9:00!

My Mystery Hostess was very excited to win and she ended up getting gifts for friends as her FREE product.

I sold 3 sets of the Dragonspell and Dragonquest books. I think that is going to be a huge seller for me. Most of my friends have teenage kids and that is who they purchased them for.

I played one icebreaker game near the beginning before I went around and had them talk about the book that they chose, and the game was called, Have you ever.... I asked silly questions, like "have you ever locked yourself out of the house?" or "have you ever put something strange in the frig?" "have you ever gone someplace and realized you had two different shoes on?". It really got the women talking and sharing stories and I gave them tickets if they expanded on a yes answer. Then when it was time to share about the book they picked, they were already open to talking to the group. Many of the women purchased the book that they picked up!

Overall I think it was a great success and I had women come that had never before attended one of my shows or Open Houses. I closed my show on Friday and placed that order, then I have been dropping off catalogs to those that couldn't make it and will place another order by the 30th. Should give me a pretty good month!

Just wanted to share!

Bev
*..•´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.•´ ..•´¨¨)) -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´ * -:¦:-
Read any good books lately?
Bev S

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:17 pm

Way to go Bev! I'm so glad you're having a great time with it! Congratulations!

Mindy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

hi

Postby homemaker » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:10 am

Yeah Bev!!!! Good for you!
homemaker

Postby MDGourmet » Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:19 pm

It sounds great! I am having my first Mystery Hostess Party next month. Is there anything you would do differently? Did the winner/mystery Hostess place a big order or have extra tickets? Or was she just lucky?
Carrie K
Carrie K
Founding Consultant #1131
MDGourmet@adelphia.net
MDGourmet

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:31 pm

Hmmm, what would I do differently? I don't think anything...

The winner was my SIL. I had my daughter pull the name in front of everyone so they'd know before they left who had won. She had ordered two books from me, but she also brought a guest, so that gave her extra tickets, and she RSVP'd to me. I was secretly very glad that she won because she's brought me customers before :wink: She won't do a home show, but she does share the business with people!

Bev

Postby Bev S » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:33 pm

Oops, forgot to sign in :oops:

Bev
*..•´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.•´ ..•´¨¨)) -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.•´ * -:¦:-
Read any good books lately?
Bev S

Postby jennifer peterson » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:09 pm

I am glad to hear that it worked for you becuase I am doing my 1st show next mionth!
Thanks for the encouragement .
jennifer peterson

Return to General Business Discussions