[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Want to start a Party based sales business(have some ???'s)

Want to start a Party based sales business(have some ???'s)

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Want to start a Party based sales business(have some ???'s)

Postby cjcpatch » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:13 pm

Hi!

I would like to start a new business based on the same format as say,
Mary Kay, Tupperware, Pampered Chef etc. Except that I will be selling my own crafted products, so there will be no recruiting other people.
I have never been involved in this type of business before, and wondered what kind of discount is given to the hostess just for having the party, and what percentage of the sales are awarded to the hostess off her choice of product. Also, and is another discount awarded the hostess based on future bookings made at her party?
I hope my questions are clear, and I look forward to any input that anyone can give regarding them.
Any other tips that you could provide, would also be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Carol
cjcpatch

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:28 pm

Hi,

Good luck on your new venture. There is no right or wrong answer for you. It varies so much from no benefits to 20% 30%, 40% of sales for free. Most that I've seen are about 10% of sales in free merchandise and some things 1/2 price depending how much is sold.

Again, it's up to you, obviously, the more free stuff, the happier the hostesses are! Depends how much you'd be making on your products, how expensive they are. Good luck whatever you decide. Do you have a website? I'd love to see it.

Mindy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Return to General Business Discussions