[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - thinking of switching companies

thinking of switching companies

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

thinking of switching companies

Postby pookeybearsmom » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:43 pm

I am not sure what to do. I sell for signature homestyles and I went to the fall conferece and got really pumped up. but now i am not sure what I want to do. I love the product and I am making ok money but actual home parties are alot of work!!! I work a part time job and I am responsible for all the housework,cooking,ect. I also have a infant. I am getting calls all the time for different things for the business which is good. At the same time though I am frustrated because this business takes up so much of my time. I was thinkging of going into something like Avon or something where you don't actually have to have parties but the thing is the place I live is overrun with avon reps. I also don't really wear makeup and things. But I do like thier gift products. I am at a loss as to what to do. the other factor is selling what you love and I am a person who has always loved "home" and everything that means and siganture homestyles is all about home decorating and family,ect. I am just not sure what to do. Help!!! I need advice.
pookeybearsmom

Postby bianca5454 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:34 pm

Can you just stay on as a consultant and just do catalog sales? Basically scale down your activity untill you decide to get back into doing home shows, or something different?
Bianca Stone
Watkins Associate
Order online at www.watkinsonline.com/home, enter ID# 358211

Visit my blog: http://funfood4u.blogspot.com/

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams~Elenor Roosevelt~
bianca5454

Postby tonja » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:50 pm

I agree with Bianca, try some book parties .slow down a bit and get things back in order then when you are ready for it get back into the swing - what I have read on alot of forums and also what I have learned this past year in Party Plans is that now is a busy time, but come winter it will slow down as folks get ready to pay taxes and such, but then when the spring arrives , can you do craft shows with your plan - this is a great way to advertise your Biz, get your name out and get your needed sales. It would still allow you to do what you LOVE
Best of Luck to you, keep us informed on what you decide to do!
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby BarbB » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:13 pm

Hi:

I completely understand what you mean about home parties. I tried three other companies and realized home parties are not my thing. The company I am presently with can be done in so many other ways that I haven't done one party yet (though I plan on it because they are much easier and won't take 5 hours like the other parties took). Try working your business in other ways. Book parties are great. Fundraisers are also less time consuming. Are you allowed to sell on line? If so, try to work on internet marketing. Just a few suggestions.

Barb
www.BurnForSuccess.com
BarbB

Postby candy » Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:22 pm

that is precisely why i chose to sell jewelry and not homewares, although i love them. there's too much setup and bulky items that go into the whole show thing!

i would say if you're heart's in the right place though, you can be creative and find ways to get your biz going! :)
Candy

candy

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:58 pm

I'd hate for you to quit from a company that you love with products you love. What takes so much time/work that you're not happy with? I don't know anything about your company or products, but what's nice about "being your own boss" is you can change what you're not happy with.

For example, I was getting frustrated how much I was taking to parties, it used to take me 4-5 trips to the car with all my stuff I was bringing. What happened is that I wanted to show everything and it looked like I was moving into the hostesses house! So I cut waaay back on what I was bringing. I still bring a variety (a print, florals, pottery, candles) but 2 pieces of pottery instead of 4, 1 print instead of 2.) I now make 2 (not heavy!) trips. I'm much happier! I also added to my invitations for each person to bring their favorite Home & Garden Party item to get a gift from me (a votive or auction money.) Then that helps me show more products and then I have guests talk about what they brought and why it's their favorite! That helps with my presentation too!

Does that help? What else are you unhappy with and how can you change it so you are, so it fits your schedule and lifestyle?

Mindy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby LiaSophiaJewelry » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:28 pm

take it from me, AVON is NOT less work. Avon is constant nagging of customers to get their order, their money etc. It is an every day job, not a once a week show like what you are doing. I definitely agree that you should stick with what company you are with now (that is obviously where your heart is) and just scale down, do 2 home shows a month and 2-3 catalog shows a month. Just remember that you aren't going to have the sales with a catalog show as you would a home show. That is the down side. I have a 16 month old dtr. and a 10 yr. old son and I am home full-time and do lia sophia full-time. I do most my work when my dtr. is napping and when she goes to bed at night. I always check my e-mail throughout the day though. Stay organized and write to-do lists every day, it works. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Alice Fabian
Unit Manager
lia sophia jewelry
www.liasophia.com/alice
Share The Love Of Jewelry!
Join my team today!
LiaSophiaJewelry

Thank You Everyone!!

Postby pookeybearsmom » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:49 pm

I am so happy. I am leaving signature homestyles. They are a great company but I just really cannot keep up with the party scene with a small child and full time job as a nurse. So I am sad about leaving such a nice company but I am so happy to have found Mia Bella candles. No parties unless I want to and I am just setting up my product in different shops around town on consignment. I am already feeling alot less stress and I have only been a rep for a couple of months and only contacted the stres last week. I appreciate all the advice I got. I have made the right decision and I am happy. thank you everyone!!
pookeybearsmom

Postby BarbB » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:04 am

Congratulations. You've picked a great company. Best of luck with your new business.

Barb
www.BurnForSuccess.com
BarbB

Postby passion4more » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:17 pm

Good luck!!
Kim
Come check us out!!! www.passion4more.myarbonne.com
passion4more

Return to General Business Discussions