[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Leaving Catalogs in waiting areas

Leaving Catalogs in waiting areas

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Leaving Catalogs in waiting areas

Postby tjh186 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:39 pm

I've seen plenty of catalogs stacked in waitings rooms and other places. I've even picked up a few myself. However, I've never bought from just a catalog lying around.

Has anyone EVER had any success with this technique?
tjh186

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:52 pm

Absolutely! However I do not leave current catalogs. I always have cattys leftover from the season before, I also have small and large cattys available. I leave big ones at doctor's offices and laundromats, and little ones on tables when I go out to dinner, on the back of toilets, anywhere they will fit!

And I have had success. I have had people mostly call me for parties, not just to order. So if you have leftover catalogs, why not put them around, what are they going to do at your house but collect dust?

Good luck,
Mindy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby tjh186 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:06 pm

wow...I NEVER thought of using left behind catalogs. Thanks for bringing that up! Our new ones come out in a week, so I was all set to recycle the old ones. Glad I didn't!

PS -- saw you're from Reading, PA. I just married a guy from Bernville. Small world!
tjh186

Postby ravish30 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:33 pm

Hello Ladies,

I have had great success with doing this too! I even get new recruits because I attach a small business oppty flyer inside my catalogs.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby Chrys23 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:34 pm

Wow -- excellent idea!

I should try this for new business -- I wonder if leaving flyers around, telling customers about hostess parties would work too??

Thanks!

Crystal
~~~~~~
Fine Sterling Silver Jewelry
www.mysilpada.com/crystal.napoli
CrystalsSilver@aol.com
Chrys23

Postby allhisblessings » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:04 pm

I'm glad you asked this...it is a great question! Funny, I've always wondered if the rep who left the catalog did get business from leaving it.

Thanks for starting this thread. :D
God bless, Angie---wahm to 6 blessings

allhisblessings

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:18 pm

Flyers are good too, even cheaper, make sure they have a tear off tab or something they can take home with them.

Mindy

Mindy Wheeler
gigglezz78@hotmail.com

Home&GardenGirl

Postby allhisblessings » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:49 am

Hmmmm, I have my midwife appointment today...maybe I should leave a flyer or two? :)

allhisblessings

Good idea!

Postby Aaron Happy Labels » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:40 am

Leaving old catalogs around is a pretty good idea! I'm one of the computer geeks at Happy Labels so I'm not really into the marketing thing, but I will be sure to pass this on to the people who are into marketing. They may have never thought of this.

Thanks!
Aaron Jaeger
Happy Labels
aaron@happylabels.com

Aaron Happy Labels

Postby allhisblessings » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:29 pm

I did it...I left one flyer in the waiting room. :)

allhisblessings

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:44 pm

Good luck! But it is a numbers game, the more you leave, the more chance someone will pick it up AND call. People pick things up all the time and later they get thrown because they never get a chance to look at it. (I'm guilty of it also!)

So do not get discouraged because you put one or two catalogs or flyers up and didn't get a response. Keep going with it, and remember don't leave current books, leave old ones. Don't throw them away!!! Flyers are great too, muuuuuch cheaper.

Mindy

Mindy Wheeler
gigglezz78@hotmail.com

Home&GardenGirl

Postby allhisblessings » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:48 pm

Thank you. I REALLY appreciate it a lot. :D

allhisblessings

Postby ravish30 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:27 pm

I agree with Mindy!

The more you put out (catalogs & flyers) the more response you will have!

I leave the following:

mini catalogs
outdated catalogs
business cards
flyers
etc.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby yministry101 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:52 pm

Hi Ladies-
I would consider myself kind of a queen at doing this. I travel with books and fliers in my car at all times. I have a list of 26 community boards I vist once every two weeks and I leave four to six 1/6 of a page fliers on the board stacked together this way people can feel comfortable taking one but yet it is still large enough that they are unlikely to loose it in their purse.

I also leave fliers in the restrooms when I travel I leave them at the rest area on top of the toilet paper dispenser or by sink where you wash your hands.

I leave books at
Chinese Restuarants,
Car Repair Places
day Cares
dance studios you name it wherever they will let me. I try and leave at least ten each time and go back on a regular basis to restock them. To answer your question yes I get business from doing this and it is a very inexpensive way to promote my business well you made me think I need to get some out still so I am off to Dairy Queen to leave my stack.
Amber Joy Imhoff CM#1132
NOAH’S ARK WORKSHOP
Traveling “Make-Your-Own-Stuffed-Animal”
Ask about our NEW Bella Bee Glamour Girl Character Building Workshops!
Great for Birthday Parties, Camps, Girl Scouts,& more…
Visit us on the web to book your workshop today:
http://www.noahsarkworkshop.com/amberimhoff1132
yministry101

Postby romy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:12 pm

I leave catalogs in waiting rooms. I send them with friends who are teachers to put in teachers lounges at the schools.

I like to eat out alot! So I leave a products sample that has my contact information with my tip . . .if I don't have a sample with me I leave a business card that lists any specials on the back.

romy

Next

Return to General Business Discussions