[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Help! Just moved, don't know ANYONE!

Help! Just moved, don't know ANYONE!

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Help! Just moved, don't know ANYONE!

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Oh, I'm hoping a few of you out there can help me out!

One of my downline just moved to OH from MA and does not know ANYONE! She moved due to her husband's job transfer and does not know a sole. She joined my team in late October and has prior direct sales experience so she knows a lot of the ins and outs.

She started with the 1st logical person - her realtor and then hosted an open house for her neighborhood so she has started with a couple of leads. She is, of course, getting new doctors, dentists, hair dressers, etc.

Has anyone made a move like this that can share what has worked for them (or even if you haven't actually moved, do you have some ideas?)

I appreciate all that you can share!
Mary :D
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby KristinOhio » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:50 pm

Hi Mary,

First of all, which part of Ohio? I'm near Akron. If she's close, I would be happy to call and say hello.

My leader moved in the past year and she had a very difficult time getting out and meeting new people. She now looks at it as a learning experience for her team. Because, she said it was the hardest thing she's had to do with her business.

I know from talking with her that one of the quickest ways she's met people and gotten events is through her local Curves. She's also met a few parents at school and at church.

It will take time and be very frustruating. Hopefully, your company doesn't have a monthly quota or anything like that to add to the pressure. Let her take some time to get to know the area, the people and relax. As her upline, I think that's the best advice you could give her for the next month or so. Then, try to suggest getting out and meeting new people in the community. It sounds like you're a great leader just for getting on the boards and asking for help. She's lucky to have you in her corner.

Again, let me know if you would like me to contact her. I'm always happy to say hello to a new neighbor. :)
Creating the In-Home Spa Experience.
www.spadestinations.com/kristincargill

I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much. (Mother Theresa)
KristinOhio

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:06 pm

Hi Kristin

Thanks so much for the advice & the kind words. We are lucky enough to not have a monthly sales quota to meet however, she is in the beginning of her business and has a chance to earn $1000 each month for the 1st 3 months so I would love to see her get as much of that as possible!

I will definately pass on the info about Curves, great idea! I know she is a fairly outgoing person but I think the move has been enough to deal with (she found out less than a month before she was to move, had to put her house her on the market, pull the kids out of school, find a new home & move about 2 weeks before Christmas!)

She is in Galena, is that anywhere near you? If so, send me a PM or email with your contact info & I will have her give you a call.

Thanks for the help!
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Hey Mary

Postby dreamsterling » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:12 pm

That is a tough one - to move kids and a business. But crazily enough, I think that she should also NOT throw away her initial contact list and continue to try to do at least a few more parties via on-line with her website from her friends back in Mass.

Don't know what her financial situation is but three parties booked over a long weekend, if done right, could pay the expense for her strip and count towards her Free Jewlery total.

My upline travels to Maine two times a year - has an avid following there and books three shows in two days- then drives home. Makes $$ and writes off the trip as an expense.

Let me know how it turns out!
Paula
dreamsterling

Return to General Business Discussions