[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Features of a Home Party Plan~

Features of a Home Party Plan~

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Features of a Home Party Plan~

Postby bianca5454 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:52 am

I was curious to hear your opinion on home party plans. I am with one company, Watkins, and am thrilled with it. I guess you can say I got lucky on the first try!

Anyhow, I was wondering from those of you that have had other biz's, what you look for in a home party plan.

I am also curious to hear from those that are completely new to this too.

What do you look for in a home party plan?

What is it about home party plans that excite you (e.i., meeting people)? There are lots of folks that don't like to do home parties.

Are home parties your main source of income/profits?

Any other input would be great too~
Bianca Stone
Watkins Associate
Order online at www.watkinsonline.com/home, enter ID# 358211

Visit my blog: http://funfood4u.blogspot.com/

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams~Elenor Roosevelt~
bianca5454

Postby Tina M » Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:31 am

Tina M

Postby Thofer » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:40 am

Hi Bianca,

I just read your posting (a little late)...but still wanted to reply. I am new to the home show business as I just started selling handcrafted .925 Silpada jewelry about 5 months ago. I only know other party formats from attending shows but can tell you the consistent positive feedback I get from home show guests is the "open house" party style where there are no "frills" or formal presentations. Of course I provide information and use selling tactics, but try to do it on a more individual or small group basis using short soundbites and personal stories. Home shows are definitley the mains source of my business!!! I hope this helps :)

Tina Hofer
www.mysilpada.com/tina.hofer
Thofer

Re:

Postby PassionDivaTrishia » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:43 pm

Hi!

I'm new and checking out the forum and saw this post. I know it is a late response, but wanted to put my .02 in.

Years ago, I sold Pampered Chef for about a year. I was a single mom and wanted some extra income without having to work another 'job'. I loved (and still do) their products. However, even though I had fun, the parties fizzled out and I didn't have the drive to make it happen. It just wasn't the perfect fit for me.

Funny thing was before I signed up with Pampered Chef, I was looking to sell adult products, but could NOT find a company (this was many years ago). I could only find lingerie companies and that wasn't what I wanted at all.

I have been Passion Parties consultant since November of 2004. I LOVE IT!

When I started, I just wanted to make some extra money and have a great time doing it. The parties are so much fun, that never once do I feel like I am 'working'. I did it along side my full time job and around my family's busy schedule all of last year and averaged $750.00 a month extra just doing 3 parties a MONTH (not a week).

Women LOVE these parties. My calendar is always full. The compensation plan is fantastic. But most of all, I truly believe in what we are offering women. I can't tell you how many times a customer has told me how much her relationship has improved or how much better she feels about herself as a woman. You can't put a price tag on that.

I am now able to fulfill my dream of being a work at home mom. I left my 34K a year job the end of January to work my Passion Parties biz full time. I am so thankful that I found this opportunity. It has truly changed my life.

It is funny how sometimes you get into the direct sales biz for one reason and then your vision and what you want from your biz changes. I know that I never thought I would be doing this full time when I first signed up. Once I realized how much I loved it and the amazing potential for growth, my 'why' changed and my vision changed as well.

Has that happened to anyone else?

Wow! This has gotten really long! Sorry!
Trishia Shelly-Stephens
Passion Parties Executive Director

www.mypassiondiva.com

Liberating Women from the Bedroom to the Bank!

Change your life and the lives of others with a Passion Parties career.
PassionDivaTrishia

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:11 pm

Hi Bianca

Just ran across this post and thought I would reply.

I spent about 4 1/2 years with a company and built a great little team before I realized that I had had blinders on to what else was out there. I always thought I was with the best company around and would not entertain any thing else.

In July 04 I was introduced to my current company and can't believe that I didn't consider it before, in fact, I hadn't even heard of it.

Well, this is what I was drawn to:
~ Lightweight product, easy to store & carry (jewelry)
~ Display my product every day just by wearing it
~ No prep time for the party - just grab my jewelry box & duffle bag & run out the door. (I was lugging tons of product before that was all over the place if I had been personally using it, it took atleast 45 minutes just to get ready to leave the house!)
~ The jewelry is Sterling Silver, not costume, very high quality
~ Simple business to run, product is pre-packaged for each guest & shipped to the hostess, no sorting (for me or hostess), no deliveries.
~ Hostess benefits are paid 100% by the company
~ Average party sales are high ($750 nationally, mine are around $1000) which means a $225+ profit for me (much, much, much better than prior business)

I just love direct sales (and have since I began with my prior company), love meeting other women, training downline, support & recognition not to mention the conventions & trips. I am definately happier now that I've found my perfect company.

Hope all are doing well!
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby lightbug » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:41 pm

Thanks for starting this thread back up! I love reading people's responses!!

What do you look for in a home party plan?

I was looking for two main things:
1. A product I loved.
2. Multiple marketing avenues.

What is it about home party plans that excite you (e.i., meeting people)? There are lots of folks that don't like to do home parties.

I love meeting people but I find people don't WANT to host parties and that's why people don't like to do them, they are always having to ask, ask, ask, and people don't like to be rejected (understandably!). Sometimes, you just need to put a different spin on things, think outside the box to get bookings! :lol: My spin is children's workshops. I love doing them because I love playing with kids; we color, draw, make crafts, sing, and read stories.

Are home parties your main source of income/profits? No, my main source is book fairs and fundraisers, this is where the money comes in for us. Plus building a team never hurts!!
Lisa
Independent Educational Consultant
www.AZusborne.com
www.BittersweetGlow.com
lightbug

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:54 am

Hi Lisa

I found your response interesting that people don't WANT to do parties, is that what you are finding? I wonder why that is. I have not found that at all, maybe it is becasue our parties are more open house than demonstration? I don't know but I find women around here are always looking for a good fun girls night out!

Mary
Mary Novick
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby lightbug » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:47 pm

Hi Mary,

I'm active on 4 message boards and that topic gets brought up more than any other - how do I get bookings, why does no one want to do a party, how can I get more bookings, why does no one want to come, etc.

If you've never had this problem that's great! I personally don't do home shows (unless I am asked) so it doesn't affect me. I have friends who are in party plan businesses where I live and I do know that in my area they are not popular. It might be because I live in a large city where there is more going on than time to do everything. We have organized chocolate parties, wine tastings, wine clubs, private shopping events, etc.
Lisa
www.AZusborne.com
www.BittersweetGlow.com
lightbug

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:11 am

Hi Lisa -

Where are you from? Curious about the city thing, may be a good point.

I know everyone always asks how do you get partys, etc. And that not everyone has as many partys as they would like but I also think that most of the time it is for lack of effort. I have found that mostly when people don't have enough partys and I ask "what are you doing to get partys" I hear "Oh, I've done everything" but then when it is broken down, that really isn't the case. Offering it to 3 people and getting 3 "no's" and giving up isn't doing everything. I'm dumbfounded when I've talked to people and asked if they ask everyone when they check out at a party if they would like to have a party and people say no.

I do do partys, it is the heart of my business and love it. I think almost everyone would want to have more partys on their books than they do have but the question is, what are they doing about it? Once you get into the groove, it is far easier to stay there than trying to get restarted again.

Have a great day!
Mary
Mary Novick
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby lightbug » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:57 am

Hi Mary, I'm in Phoenix, Arizona. Including our suburbs that surround Phoenix, (I live in a little suburb of South Phoenix with 300,000 people) we have 4 million people.

I would definitely agree with you that it's easier once you've gotten started AND that a lot of people do not put full effort into their businesses and give up early. These are very true statements!

The companies we work with might be fun and have fun products, but it's still work! :wink:
Lisa
www.AZusborne.com
www.BittersweetGlow.com
lightbug

Postby sarahcoles » Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:50 am

I agree that it is hard work at first and that people fizzle out. Do they fizzle out because they don't want to work, because they don't have the support from family and friends, or because the self confidence is not there? It could be all of those things.

I know when I sold Tupperware the first time I was a single mom with two children trying to make a living and my family and friends did not support me. This time I am married and able to be at home with my kids but I have done it for a year. When I get discouraged my husband lifts me back up again and encourages me to do different things. That is why I am so glad that I found this website...it is another way for me to get support and encouragement!!!

Thank you to all!
Sarah Coles
Tupperware Consultant
Free Tupperware, Fundraising, and/or a six figure earning opportunity
sarahcoles

Postby familytoys » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:50 am

First and formost, something that you love! The product and "theme" should be fun to you! Motivate you! And entice you!

Second, the company, morals and mission. Do you feel comfortable with the product and the company.

Third, the compensation plan. Having fun is awesome, but you have to make money! I don't want to work and work and work just for kicks. :lol:

I sell toys and have stuck with it because of having fun and making money. I love the products, the company and my customers. Plus I have an amazing team.

That's my 2 cents!

Debbie
Need help taking your business to the next level?
Passion to Success Coaching Now Open!
Love to read? www.goreadtoday.com
Build your child's library while earning $!
Come register to win $50 in free books!

Passion to Success
Lead with your passion!
Providing tools to take your business up!
http://www.passiontosuccess.com
familytoys

Postby tami1674 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:53 pm

tami1674

Return to General Business Discussions