[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Help with ads

Help with ads

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Help with ads

Postby allhisblessings » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:03 pm

When writing ads, is LESS more or do you include plenty of details in it?
God bless, Angie---wahm to 6 blessings

allhisblessings

Postby Princess Michelle » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:31 am

Are you paying for the ad? If you are then I would think you would want to try and be as creative with it as possible in order to get the most bang for your buck. Fewer words getting the most important aspects of your company across.

If it is free though I would give as much info as possible without being overwhelming, I guess that sounds like a contradiction but let me explain what I mean.

Like the company I am wanting to work with for instance. The hostess plan offers 30% of the net sales in free jewelry, they also can earn up to 8 pieces of half-price jewelry and then up to 100.00 in bonuses for free jewelry. I would probably only put the straight forward 30% of the net sales in free jewelry and then maybe something like plus the opportunity to earn even more. Getting the point across that there is opportunity to earn a lot of free/discounted stuff without having to go into all the details of the other incentives.

I don't know how that applies to your business but I hope I got across what I was trying to say. I think you want to touch on all the best aspects of your company without being redundant or overwhelming the potential customer with too much info.

Hope that helps!
Princess Michelle

Postby allhisblessings » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:42 pm

Thank you very much! :D
God bless, Angie---wahm to 6 blessings

allhisblessings

Postby LorettaA » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:44 pm

When I'm reading an ad I like to see the answers to all the basic questions. If it is direct sales there are certain things I want to know up front like start up cost, basic commission, shipping, guarantee, etc.

Also, I am very suspicious of ads that do not mention a company name.

That's just my opinion.

There's a new moms site that is offering free WAHM ads for a limited time at . It's not my site and I don't receive anything for referrals. I just think it's a good site and I like free advertising.

Loretta
Independent Founding Consultant
Marlo Quinn
LorettaA

Postby yministry101 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:52 pm

Short but sweet with the important details that makes your company stand out from others is important. To many words and it gets boggled in peoples brains.
Amber Joy Imhoff CM#1132
NOAH’S ARK WORKSHOP
Traveling “Make-Your-Own-Stuffed-Animal”
Ask about our NEW Bella Bee Glamour Girl Character Building Workshops!
Great for Birthday Parties, Camps, Girl Scouts,& more…
Visit us on the web to book your workshop today:
http://www.noahsarkworkshop.com/amberimhoff1132
yministry101

Differentiate You from Others

Postby jfslenes » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:05 pm

Flyers and ads need to really grab the readers attention. They need to go thru the 5 sales steps - attention, interest, desire, conviction, close. Some marketing gurus suggest testing and measuring results to determine and verify the direction you take.

Check out the Ultimate Success CDs link in my sig files. That site has both paid and free ideas that are useful to many different business areas.
John Slenes

jfslenes

Return to General Business Discussions