[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Sending out invites??

Sending out invites??

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Sending out invites??

Postby PassionDivaTrishia » Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:41 pm

Just wondering how many of you send the invites out as part of your party plan business?

I haven't been doing this, but now that I am full time from home, I am considering it. Just wanted to get a feel for how this works for you and if you encounter a lot of resistance to it and if you have noticed an increase in attendace and a decrease in cancellations/reschedules from sending them out yourselves.

Thanks in advance!

Trishia
Trishia Shelly-Stephens
Passion Parties Executive Director

www.mypassiondiva.com

Liberating Women from the Bedroom to the Bank!

Change your life and the lives of others with a Passion Parties career.
PassionDivaTrishia

Postby tonja » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:34 am

I do send them out myself - I tell the Host to give me her list within so many days and she gets something free

If when I arrive at her party she has replacement postage waiting for me- she ges something free

This lets me know for certain that the invites went out and on time,
Plus I usually call about 3-5 of the guests a few days before the party, introduce myself, let them know I was wondering if they were going to make it to (hosts name) party on ( date) at ( time) and that I look forward to meeting them and showing them ( which ever Biz the Party is for)

THEN I call my Host ask her if she has called anyone to remind them- even if they RSVP -I tell her I called some and if she will call all of her guests to remind them and find out which ones I called - then I will give her somethig for free- this makes sure she calls them ALL to remind them

Will be interesting to see what everyone else does

Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby ravish30 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:19 am

90% of the time I send them out myself. That way I know for sure they went out and got into the hands of the party guests and did so in a timely manner.
ravish30

Postby HGPDiva » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:54 pm

I also mail out my hostess invites as well as offer to do her reminder calls....it really helps with attendance at parties.....
Too many times when left up to the hostess, guests dont get invited....this way you are assured that the guests are aware of the party....
Have a great day!
Laurie Fischer
Independent Designer
www.homeandgardenparty.com
www.homepartyplans.blogspot.com
It's a Party Out There!
HGPDiva

Postby LorettaA » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:21 pm

I let the hostess handle the invites. I do call a few days ahead to see how things are going and how many guests are expected. This is kind of a reminder to the hostess that it's almost show time.
~* Loretta *~
Scentsy, Independent Consultant
LorettaA

Sending invites

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:12 am

Hi Trisha- (and everyone else!)

I DO send them myself also but I call them "Reminder Cards". I tell my hostess to invite everyone in person/phone/email and I will send them a reminder card to hang on the fridge. No one resists giving me a list because that is just the way it is done. I also collect phone numbers on the guest list so I can make reminder calls a day or two before the party.

Once she gives me the list & especially if I've sent the cards - the chances of cancellation go way down.

I highly recommend sending them yourself (I had a prior business where I did not send the cards myself and what a difference!)

Best of luck!
Mary
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby yministry101 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:45 pm

I usually send them out myself. With the exception of Birthday Parties. Yes I think it is definately a good way to make sure the invitations are going out on time and it saves your hostess on postage.
Amber Joy Imhoff CM#1132
NOAH’S ARK WORKSHOP
Traveling “Make-Your-Own-Stuffed-Animal”
Ask about our NEW Bella Bee Glamour Girl Character Building Workshops!
Great for Birthday Parties, Camps, Girl Scouts,& more…
Visit us on the web to book your workshop today:
http://www.noahsarkworkshop.com/amberimhoff1132
yministry101

Postby dab » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:09 pm

Tonja you have great ideas for this.
maybe you can make up a "game" for your hostess where if she completes each step, she will get an extra certain percent off (or whatever you want to give her)
steps:
-have replacement postage
-calls everyone to find out who YOU called
-tells at least 2 people about (? a special you have, a free prize available for guests..etc)
-tells at least (#) people about what SHE gets for being a hostess.

whatever else you wanna add.
dab

invites

Postby mab1018 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:31 pm

I have always sent the invites out as a service to my hostesses. I just feel more secure about the date holding when I have her guest list and have sent the invites.
I usually ask them to have them back to me before the hostess they book off of closes her show, that way she will for sure get the credit and it helps to avoid cancellations which then hurt the original hostess. :D
MaryAnn Becker
Fashion Coordinator
Elite Jewelry
mab1018@consolidated.net
mab1018

Postby Deb » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:49 pm

Wow. lol

My psychic radar goes off again.(Law Of Attraction)

I was just going to start a thread here at this forum asking this very question!
Do you send out the invites or get the hostess to do it? :D

They cost money after all and in the past I gave out many
invitations and they never got sent.

If you send them yourself you know they will get there therby
increasing attendance for the party!.

Deb 8)

Best skin care and auto products bar none!
http://www.pro-masystems.ca

http://www.pro-masystems.ca/amazing_aloe
Celebrating 24 years!
Deb

Return to General Business Discussions