[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Need new ideas

Need new ideas

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Need new ideas

Postby artzechck3 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:23 pm

Okay, I am really trying to bump up my business. I have been doing pretty well so far but I am really working toward a vacation here! I need some real good motivators for people to book parties. Do you have anything that has worked well in the past? I have contacted everyone I know, passed out flyers, advertised in all the local publications. Am I missing something? What do you guys have great success with. I am hosting an open house in November. Let's get some good ideas rolling to help everyone in this upcomming holiday shopping time!

Thanks!!
Laura
All natural culinary blends to make cooking healthy and fun!
Wildtree Herbs
artzechck3

Postby Slah_Crystal » Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:26 pm

Craft Fairs have been a big boost for me. Have you done those yet? Also, themed parties are popular. Right now I have a lady deciding between a Margarita Madness Party & a Desperate Housewives Party. :D
Crystal LaLone-Krepel

Independent Consultant

The Site For Home Party Plan Reps and Consultants!!
http://www.homepartyplanreps.com
Slah_Crystal

Postby yministry101 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:13 pm

Themed parties, festivals, craft fairs are great. Parties where people book to have a percentage go back to their favorite chairty are another popular thing.

Since you are in the food business you might try asking friends and people if they would care to have a couple sample products for free to use at an upcoming summer or fall party in exchange they put your catalogs out near the food item.

Office Parties are another great place again just having some of your food items for people to try in a breakroom.
Amber Joy Imhoff CM#1132
NOAH’S ARK WORKSHOP
Traveling “Make-Your-Own-Stuffed-Animal”
Ask about our NEW Bella Bee Glamour Girl Character Building Workshops!
Great for Birthday Parties, Camps, Girl Scouts,& more…
Visit us on the web to book your workshop today:
http://www.noahsarkworkshop.com/amberimhoff1132
yministry101

Postby ccarroll » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:31 am

I was going to say theme parties too. They are a lot of fun!

Chris
Chris

It's My business to help grow Your business!
Burn Clean
ccarroll

ideas?

Postby payne » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:05 am

wildflower herbs? You know how the products are used and can do a cooking type party? Have you considered contacting so ladies organizations and put on a spice/herb demo? From what I have seen many of us use the same spices our mom and grandmas used - sage, basil, garlic salt/powder, onion salt, therefore alot of women aren't willing to try something unless they have tried it or smelled it. Another group is you medical support groups (heart patients, diabetic and many of these are actually looking for a change from the same routine foods they are use to) Another idea is that many Adult Ed or The shcools isd offers mini classed $5-20.00 for students and community members) I took a mexican food class (1 night long) and this was taught by a pampered chef lady it was fun and her product she used (pc) caught my eye and after class I booked a praty....
Good luck hope this helps
payne

WIIFM

Postby jfslenes » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:00 pm

Have you heard of that radio station - What's In It For Me. Perhaps writing your ads, flyers, letters, and other marketing pieces with some sort of a catch for the reader to want to call you and do biz might be useful.

In the Ultimate Success CDs linked in my sig file, you'll find training CDs that might give you more ideas. Specifically, the one on persuasion talks about writing powerful copy to improve results. That site also has tons of free articles and information that may adapt to your needs.

Good Luck and Good Selling!
John Slenes

jfslenes

Return to General Business Discussions