[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Anyone do cold calls?

Anyone do cold calls?

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Anyone do cold calls?

Postby mon2023 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:28 pm

Hi,

I sell beautiful jewellry. It sells easily. I have had open houses, one fundraiser, one on ones, home shows and now I want to expand my client base. Does anyone do cold calls?

When the kids are back at school, I made a plan of things I want to do in order to grow my business and cold calling is one of them. However, I don't know what to say or who to call. CAn you tell me what works for you?

Who do you target? Do you have a scripts? Where could I find a sample script?

I also want to do fundraisers. Do I call the different organisations or send a letter? Does anyone have a letter template I could use? If you call, what do you say?

I know, I have tons of questions...but I'm starting out and I want to increase my sales!!!

Thank you all for sharing your ideas and experiences!
mon2023

Postby ravish30 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:54 am

Hi Marie

I personally do not do cold calling as I feel that is spam.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby valentine21463 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:40 pm

Being that I don't like it when someone cold calls me I just can't do it to others. Know what I mean? :wink:
valentine21463

Postby ksbell » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:46 pm

Please remember when doing cold calls that you have to scrub the numbers against the "DO NOT CALL" registry (of which I am a member!). Cold calling is when you select a name out of a phonebook and call without an invitation to do so. If someone filled out a questionare, entered a drawing... you can call them and it's not cold calling.

Kim
How old you are is your business... How old you LOOK is MINE!
http://www.beautipage.com/kim_bell

Get Paid to Get Fit!!
www.milliondollarbody.com/fitcoachkim
www.bellybusterdiet.com
ksbell

Return to General Business Discussions