[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Empowering Women Magazine

Empowering Women Magazine

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Postby dreaminsilver » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:38 am

Has anyone picked this magazine up at the bookstore? HOLY COW, it is fabulous! I found it last month when it featured Taste of Home Entertaining and now this month they are featuring Weekenders.

What a great recruiting tool to have at your shows!

MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Postby Kristia » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:09 am

MaryBeth

I found that magazine at the bookstore, the one with weekenders. I am considering becoming a home party sales rep (you actually responded to a post I made on the jewelry board) and I found the magazine very inspiring. I went back for the next issue and I haven't been able to find it. Hopefully it didn't go out of circulation.

Kristia
Kristia

Postby jewelrylady98 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:26 pm

Hi Mary Beth,
I have not seen that. I will have to check it out.
Happy New Year!
~Shay
"If you can wear jewelry, YOU can sell jewelry!"
http://www.ryze.com/go/ShayDLady

Do you KNOW what is in your household products?
http://www.themomteam.com/smw98
jewelrylady98

Postby getsilver » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:54 pm

Hi MaryBeth!

Yes!! I bought a copy with the Taste of Home Entertaining. What's "Weekenders"?

Noticed a lot of SD jewelry! One of the TOHE ladies is a friend of our company's owner and had on some of our jewelry, too!

I'll have to go find the new issure... last one had a lot of great info in it! I found it at Staples.
Cathy
Hermosa Sterling
Independent Sales Representative
www.hermosasterling.com

www.freewebs.com/getsilver
getsilver

Postby ravish30 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:44 pm

Marybeth

I am having a hard time finding that magazine....Sam is going to check the biggest bookstore we have here tomorrow for it.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby ccarroll » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:03 am

I have not heard of it. I will have to go to B&N and see if they have it...
Sounds Cool!

Chris
Chris

It's My business to help grow Your business!
Burn Clean
ccarroll

tohe

Postby entertainwithtori » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:15 pm

Ok, here's a little plug for me, but if you go to my web sie, www.entertainwithtori.tohe.com, you can see the cover of the magazine.
It really is a great mag. We can get it fromtohe to use as a recruiting tool. It does have a ton of info on the company it is promoting, but it also has other articles, too.
Tori Boomsma
Independant Charter Consultant
Taste of Home Entertaining
www.EntertainWithTori.TOHE.com
entertainwithtori

Postby yourbeautyrep » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:12 pm

I heard so much about it that I picked it up at Books A Million about 2 weeks ago. The featured company is Creative Memories. Pretty interesting. I think I would buy it again.
Erica Brooks
Your Beauty Rep
You deserve to be pampered!
www.yourbeautyrep.com
yourbeautyrep

Postby jlange » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:53 am

this sounds really interesting - hopefully I can find it somewhere!
Jen

Shop Discovery Toys!
www.discoverytoyslink.com/jenlange
jlange

empowering women magazine

Postby Kristia » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:39 am

the March issue profiles Silpada Designs. I found it at borders.
Kristia

Empowering Women is Great

Postby bizylady » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:18 pm

I agree this is a great mag. to promote business. This summer BeautiControl was the featured company and I used it (and still do) to add crediblity to our business. The great thing is it is not published by any direct sales company but is an over all view of the company featured. It also gives consultants from other companies an idea of what is going on in direct sales in general....where the market is heading, etc.
I particuarly use the article in the BC issue about the writer that was assigned the job of experiencing an in home spa for the first time and doing a report on it........gosh the reporter ended up signing up with BC just because of that experience!! I thought that was so cool!
If I have someone I would like to recruit (and of course thats everyone), but someone that is maybe sitting on the fence.....I lend her an issue for a week so she can read it and make an informed decision not just an emotional one.....so definately if your company is featured....pick up a few copies and use it. If anyone wants a copy of the BC issue, I'll be happy to share a copy....just email me bcjazzs@hotmail.com
bizylady

Postby ravish30 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:16 pm

excellent magazine! I was able to find it offline at your major bookstores and some of the major big newstands have it too.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby dreaminsilver » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:20 pm

I got mine from Barnes and Noble. Since we are featured in the March issue our company bought a ton and we can order them on our supply orders. It's great! I wonder who is next!

MaryBeth
dreaminsilver

Postby LinenLady » Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:00 pm

I have never heard of this magazine! I'll definately go to my bookstore and look for it. Does anyone know if you can subscribe???
Finest quality linen for bed and bath so that you can enjoy a comfy, cozy Private Quarters affordably every day and night.
LinenLady

Return to General Business Discussions