[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Selling jewelry door to door

Selling jewelry door to door

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Selling jewelry door to door

Postby Jade » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:26 am

:D Hi everybody!

Has anyone ever tried to sell jewelry door to door? Any advise welcome.

I'm trying with home parties but hostesses find lots of exuses for saying no so I feel as Iam waisting a lot of time because I don't like being pushy. Help!
Jade

Postby ravish30 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:20 pm

You will have to check with your local municipality as some areas requires licenses to go door to door selling.

Shelly
ravish30

I have chequed that

Postby Jade » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:50 pm

and it's ok. Really I was wondering if anybody has had any experience to now people response ...
Jade

Postby ccarroll » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:28 pm

I have not done jewelry but I grew my Avon business going door to door. That was the main way i found my customers. IF you have a mini magazine or flyer, give it a try for a few months. Do not just go one time to a house. you must go back 2-3 times before seeing results.

Good luck!
Chris

It's My business to help grow Your business!
Burn Clean
ccarroll

Hi chris,

Postby Jade » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:20 am

thanks for replying me. What is your opening statement when selling door to door? Most of the times I find myself waffling :oops: maybe because I myself hate when people come to my door, not because I don't want to be sold but because it can be a dangerous thing these days so since I don't feel canfortable then maybe my attitude reflects that. I wish I was more positive!!
Jade

Hi Irene....

Postby Rosalee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:19 pm

You could try this script & see if it works for you....
You could say "Hi, I'm Irene from so & so, I'm selling such & such, can I borrow a moment of your time? If they say yes continue with-explain a little bit about your business & would they like to take an opportunity to look through your catalog & maybe book a party? And go from there. Keep it simple & be yourself. Best wishes & God Bless you!!

Rosalee Decker
Home & Garden Party
www.homeandgardenparty.com
Rosalee832@hotmail.com
1-360-458-5680

This is the Day that the Lord has made; we shall rejoice & be glad in it.
Rosalee

I will try

Postby Jade » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:51 am

and let you know... :D
Jade

Postby ccarroll » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:39 am

You don't have to sell anything. Let your magazine do the selling.

I would say something like

Hi, I am the neighborhood Avon rep and I am passing out information to homes today that may not have an Avon rep already. If you do have a rep, please shop with her. If you do not, I would love to be of service. Here is the current catalog, a sample of our latest cream and my business card (put it on a magnet). Please call me if there is something you would like. Have a great day!
You can even type this up and put it in the flyer or magazine you are leaving and therefore you wouldn't have to knock

Chris
Chris

It's My business to help grow Your business!
Burn Clean
ccarroll

Return to General Business Discussions