[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - GAME TO PLAY TO GET BOOKINGS

GAME TO PLAY TO GET BOOKINGS

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

GAME TO PLAY TO GET BOOKINGS

Postby zoey » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:55 pm

I remember going to a couple of parties where you played a 'game', but if you won you had to book a party for the hostess. Can anyone tell me more about that? I just can't remember if it's a drawing or ?? Plus, how high of a value item would you give away? Thanks so much. I am brandnew to the homeparty world selling PC. Thanks!
Zoey
zoey

Postby rnethier » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:53 pm

Hello.

What are you selling?

There are a number of good booking party games. My favorite is the envelope game.

You prepare 1 env. for every guest. I some envs., I put simple things like no Shipping, no tax, $2.00 off, $5.00, etc. I tell my guest that they have the opportunity to buy an envelope for only $1. Inside, they are guaranteed to double that in savings. I tell them that there are 20% of the envelopes with larger gifts ($10 off, or $20 off, or a small prize), but there are also 20% of the envelopes with "You will book a party".

I tell my guests to seriously consider buying an envelope, because it they choose a booking env., but should respect the hostess and book a party off of her.

It works quite well. Those who get an env. that says "you book", I schedule them in that night. That way, you are not waiting for them to schedule. As well, not only are the ones who win "you book" interested in booking a party right, obviously they've considered it if they were ready to buy an env., so you can mention to those as well the great benefits of hosting when they place their order.

I hope that this game helps you.
Nicole
rnethier

Postby Suzanne Laukka » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:43 pm

Thats a great idea, Nicole. I'm going to try it. Its been really hard for me getting people to book parties. They kind of half heartedly say they will, but you can't get them to commit. If they purchase the envelope and book one right then, I know they are serious. Thanks for the idea.
Suzanne Laukka
Independant Watkins Associate
www.watkinsonline.com
Use ID#369046 when ordering
Work From Home
www.tsginfo.com
Enter Code AK6449
Suzanne Laukka

Postby jlange » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:42 pm

we have a similar game that we play called "pass or play". Take 6 business cards, on 3 write "Host a Party", on 2 write "Small Gift" and on the last one write "Large Gift". Put them in a box and pass it around the room, they can either pass or play, but explain that if they play, they are expected to honor whatever they pull out just as you will. They then put the card back and it goes to the next person.

The small gift can be anything like 10% off one item, or a candy bar, etc. The large gift could be free shipping or whatever you want
Jen

Shop Discovery Toys!
www.discoverytoyslink.com/jenlange
jlange

Return to General Business Discussions