Upselling & Suggestive Selling

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Upselling & Suggestive Selling

Postby ravish30 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:17 pm

Do you upsell aka suggestive sell products to your customers?

At first I wasnt comfortable with doing suggestive selling...so I practiced with it first.

I now do it 90% of the time and I get about 40-50% add on orders because of it.

I learnt that when you suggestive sell, the product that you are suggesting to them should be $10 or less....that will get you the best results.

Suggestive selling is after you have received a customers order (in person or via phone) that you suggestive sell an item to them.

The item should coincide with something they are ordering from you.

For example: I sell Tupperware...so when a customer orders some products from our Impressions Line such as cereal bowls, lunch plates, sand which keepers etc....I will say "Jane, did you know we sell matching colored snack cups for $9.99 for a set of 4? If you add them onto your order now Jane, I will take 10% off your entire order."

I would estimate that 40-50% of the time, I get that add on product order!

Two things to remember:

#1. The item should be less than $10 that you are suggesting to the customer

#2. The item should have something to do with what they are ordering ie. color matches, part of a set or collection and so forth.

When you go thru the drive thru at McDee's and you order a burger and fries...before you leave they say "Would you like a soda with that?" That is what Suggestive Selling is all about and it does work!
ravish30

Return to General Business Discussions