[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Business & Blogging

Business & Blogging

Feel free to discuss Home Businesses in general in this topic. No advertising please!

Business & Blogging

Postby ravish30 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:33 am

Please feel free to post your blog link.

Now onto my question....How has blogging helped your business?

Have you gotten new customers/clients by blogging? Have you gotten any new business partners by blogging?

How do you use your blog in regards to business?

What makes a good business blog?

Do you use your blog to just post specials or do you actually use it to post helpful information and tips that you think a reader could use/would enjoy?

If you do both....how do you balance the too without coming off as a sales pitch?

Any do's or dont's you want to tell us about in regards to blogging?
ravish30

Postby taraburner » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:11 am

Even with my blog which is just random ramblings of biz and personal opinions I still get new consultants and orders from it.

I have consultants of Affordable Mineral Makeup who have blogs strictly for AMM and they get lots of orders from those.

I just don't have the time to be consistent w/my blogs like the consultants do but even so I get biz from mine as well.

I just ramble on my blog so nothing comes off as a sales pitch really and if it does then it's only an occasional post at that, mostly just me rambling there! LOL

Tara
http://naturallytara.blogspot.com
taraburner

Postby Audrey » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:05 am

I am not/was not consistant with my blog. I'd love to be more consistant, but...
Audrey

Postby workathomemommy1080 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:40 am

I write a blog about working from home (see sig) and include information about my businesses as well as other opportunities and job openings. I haven't seen much results yet, but I'm not always consistant with promoting. My promotion efforts only pick up when business slows down. Plus, as Tara knows, my site counter stopped working so I don't know if my current promotional efforts have been driving traffic or not.
Cheryl
Work at Home Center- new wah jobs posted weekly
http://wahcenter.blogspot.com/

Sample Gal - Free sign-up until 4/15/08
http://www.samplegal.com/members/wildrose/index.html

Mineral Girlz - Only $25 to sign-up
http://www.mineralgirlz.com/members/wildrose/index.html
workathomemommy1080

Postby jillsartwork » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:02 am

I just started blogging. I have one for my art, Amm and dog bakery.
so i havent' gotten anythign that I know of. I've had constant orders coming in for my art but alot are word of mouth and just finding my site.
So we'll see. i just started i'll let you know

http://jillsoriginalartworkandgifts.blogspot.com/
Jills Artwork

http://thebowwowbarkery.blogspot.com/
The Bow Wow Barkery

http://naturalmineralgirl.blogspot.com/
Affordable Mineral makeup
jillsartwork

Postby workathomemommy1080 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:58 am

If you're not sure if you have traffic coming to your site. Set up a site counter. I was just introduced to a new one (the last one stopped working). It seems I have a lot more traffic than I thought I did, because I didn't realize the counter was broken.

Cheryl
Work at Home Center- new wah jobs posted weekly
http://wahcenter.blogspot.com/

Sample Gal - Free sign-up until 4/15/08
http://www.samplegal.com/members/wildrose/index.html

Mineral Girlz - Only $25 to sign-up
http://www.mineralgirlz.com/members/wildrose/index.html
workathomemommy1080

Postby jillsartwork » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 am

Oh i hve that i do know how much traffic but i advertise elsewhere and not sure exactly where some of the orders are coming from. and i'm hooked up with weddingwire and other places.

Jill
jillsartwork

Postby taraburner » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:52 pm

wow cool Jill
I hadn't seen the AMM blog or the dog bakery blog!
you're really getting out there now :)
Tara
taraburner

Postby jillsartwork » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:26 pm

yeah I'm trying! Lol

Now can we get me some more hands and some more time in a day?

Jill
jillsartwork

Postby Marli » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Enter to win a FREE 16 oz Jar and bella bar
www.soycandlemama.com
Marli

Postby jillsartwork » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:45 pm

Oh I liked it marli! and sleeping late i wish I did when the kids were off. I'm so used to getting up at set time I just automatically kept waking up. Ugh

Jill
jillsartwork

Postby jillsartwork » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:28 am

jillsartwork

Next

Return to General Business Discussions