[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Question: What do you set up & do at a Vendor Fair?

Question: What do you set up & do at a Vendor Fair?

Every month we will have a different topic in this discussion board relating to work at home. Please join in and share your tips and resources with each other. Thank you!

Question: What do you set up & do at a Vendor Fair?

Postby redneckgem » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:50 pm

I am doing my first vendor fair and desperatly need advice! I sell Lia Sophia and I am just trying to meet people in my area and get a few bookings! I'm am new to all this, so any advice would really help!
Thanks
redneckgem

Postby MadisonsMommy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:35 am

Hi! Well I am sure that you received a kit with some very nice jewelry... you will want to have a pretty table cloth to put over your table... on one side of your table I would fan out your catalogs and maybe some business opportunity brochures... then on the other side display all of the jewelry you have on hand. I would go to walmart or somewhere and purchase a bowl (Cute little fish bowls work well) and then do a contest to give away a free piece of jewelry or a Gift Certificate and have them put their entries in the little bowl. On the entry form put a spot for their name, address, and telephone number... maybe even a email address... then have a few questions on there for example:

Would you like more information on how you can earn FREE Jewelry?
Would you like more information about the Lia Sophia Business Opportunity?
Would you like to host a homeshow or have a catalog party?

Something like that...

Then each time someone comes up to your table ask them if they would like to get their name entered into a drawing for free jewelry! This will get you alot of contacts QUICK~

Right now is a great time for people to host home parties because people HAVE to shop this time of year for Christmas so they may as well shop with you! This also allows the hostess to earn FREE Jewelry that can be used as Christmas presents! Even though some people won't check that they are interested in getting more information on how they can earn free jewelry... call them anyway!!! The worst they can say is no and if they do just move on to the next person! :)
Ciera Mowbray
Connecting Moms online
http://www.SAHMom.com
MadisonsMommy

Postby soylightvicki » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:03 pm

Another tip is to make sure you have a table cloth or skirting to cover the whole way to the floor, at least on the front and sides of your table. That way you can hide the boxes you brought your kit items and/or brochures or other materials in. The top of your table may look fantastic and elegant, but if people walking up see a hodge podge of boxes and other items under the table - no matter how well they are stacked or organized - it just looks awful and takes away from your presentation. It makes you look unorganized and unprofessional.

If you aren't sure you will be doing other vendor fairs and craft shows and you don't want to spend a lot of money on a large table cloth you may never use again, you can purchase a plastic table cloth and matching table skirt for under $10 - $15 at your local party store to use at this event.

If you simply can't find or afford a long enough table cloth or table skirts, stash your packing boxes and other materials in your car during the event so that they aren't taking attention away from what's on top of your table.

Good luck, and have fun!
soylightvicki

Postby jewelryladi » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:24 pm

Or just buy a piece of fabric from Wal-Mart, whatever they're selling for a buck a yard!

Make sure it is big enough to cover an 8 foot table.

Last month I went to a home party expo and found that instead of a long table they'd given me two round ones. I made it work but it was embarassing.
jewelryladi

Return to Topic of the Month