[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Do you like Thunderstorms?

Do you like Thunderstorms?

After you've introduced yourself, feel free to come here and get to know everyone a little better! This board is for non-business discussions only, no advertising is allowed. Thank you!

Do you like Thunderstorms?

Postby NEmom95 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:01 am

I love thunderstorms. I feel like I should have a better grasp on math and science so I could be a storm chaser or the next best thing would be a meteorologist. I grew up fascinated with storms. I would hang out in front of the doors and windows to watch. In meantime making my mom nervous. I've even went storm chasing with friends.

However, now I have friends that have been so scared of the storms while they have kids. Here I am thinking something is wrong with me. For one we live in an area that hardly ever gets a tornado. Than yesterday everyone was stressing about this storm that was coming through. I'm thinking okay we won't go to the store like I had planned. I played with my son in the living room waiting to see how bad the storm was going to get and see if we needed to take cover. All it did was rained harder at times with thunder and lightning and made our satellite go out a couple times than was done. I didn't get it, it was all over so I thought.

Something made my husband and I look at the radee rout before bed. We saw that another storm was heading our way but no severe warnings were posted. Since we were "disappointed" with how everyone made a big deal before over nothing we didn't think anything of it and went to bed.

This morning I wake up to reading a bunch of posts on Facebook about sirens. We slept right through it. Also there was a tornado spotted across town by our airport. I thought it was the strangest thing. Could it really be possible that we both slept right through the sirens? Also I got up around than to go to the restroom and didn't see any flash of lightning. I didn't hear any thunder, sirens or wind whipping around trees. I would say this was the weirdest experience with a severe storm I ever had. I'm just glad that everyone is safe.
NEmom95

Re: Do you like Thunderstorms?

Postby Beckymk » Wed May 23, 2012 10:20 am

I'm not a big storm fan but my daughter is! She LOVES storms and I'm pretty sure would be one that would be out chasing them too if she could.

I don't really sleep through sirens though...of course, I'm a rather light sleeper as it is. Tornados do freak me out a bit although I have lived here all my life and there was only 1 tornado that ever touched down and did any damage in the area I'm at. It was after I was an adult and we were literally at work, not allowed to leave for a while hunkered down in a shelter. So, not overly freaked out to the point of the french toast run as we call it here (i.e. everyone runs to the store to buy - milk, eggs & bread).
Becky
Senior Distributor #116689
Send Out Cards

Beckymk

Return to Non-Business Discussions