[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Couples All-Inclusive resorts?

Couples All-Inclusive resorts?

After you've introduced yourself, feel free to come here and get to know everyone a little better! This board is for non-business discussions only, no advertising is allowed. Thank you!

Couples All-Inclusive resorts?

Postby angienewton » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:12 am

Has anyone ever been to one of the Couples resort's in Jamaica? Hubby and I have decided that we will go to one of them for our 10th anniversary next year (Dec. 2006/Jan. 2007) and I just can't decide on which one :)

Two of their resorts are in Negril Jamaica and the other one is in Ochos Rios Jamaica.

I would love any input that anyone has. The travel agent can book 331 days out so we still have plenty of time so I'm just doing some research.

Thanks!
~Angie~

angienewton

Postby OnlinePartyHostess » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:50 am

I personally haven't been but check our Sandals.com and ClubMed.com.

I would think it's a pretty good deal because your food is included (I'm pretty sure)
Jessica Wallace
Tupperware Manager
(888) 247-1163

Join Tupperware right now for ONLY $15!
OnlinePartyHostess

Postby tonja » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:06 pm

Jamaica is AWESOME ! I went the first time Oct 03 - My FT Boss took us !! My first time flying and we landed on My Birthday ! Stayed at the Wyndham Rose 5 nights in Montego Bay .Went again April 04 to the Starfish (can't remember the town) 10 nights - both were All Inclusive - it is ALL your food, drinks(alcohol included - but not name brands) All non motorized water sports, and they DO NOT allow tipping at the resorts ! When there the first time we got a taxi guy to take us and show us the REAL Jamaica - we saw the bad and good sides of Montego Bay and learned alot about the people ! Now both times when going out of the Airport and to the bus to go to the hotel - they DO approach you to buy Ganja it ia NOT legal as some folks think LOL and they approach you at the shopping markets - and they do hound you to buy at some of the markets - But we had the Best time - these resorts were not couples only . The Wyndham Rose did allow European sunbathing - now imagine my surprise after first flight - being so excited - its my Bday ,have been having some Jamaican Rum and walk down to the beach and there are topless women !LOL
But be sure to get your passport - makes it so much easier then having to have certified Birth Certifaicate and Certified Marriage license and then have to carry that around
when I went the second time we climbed Dunns River Falls 600 feet up ! AWESOME ! the first time there we went to see the glowing water it really does glow!
Just search the net and see what you can find there are ALWAYS great deals - try travelocity, travel flea market, travel by Jen, Apple vacations
You will have such an AWESOME Time there !
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby angienewton » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:12 pm

Thanks so much ladies!

Actually Couples is the name of the All Inclusive resort and it's much less expensive than the others (Sandals, Club Med, etc) and it just called to me :wink: I have a local travel agent who is going to see what type of deal she can get me.

I can't wait! It's just 1 year and 4 mo until we're there so that will drive me crazy. BUT I do have that long to lose the weight (started my new healthy lifestyle 8/21/05 so I should be good to go) and save money LOL!
~Angie~

angienewton

Postby bianca5454 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:00 pm

Hubby and I personally did not like Jamaica one bit! We were there twice. The first time we spent a week there, the second time it was one of the stops with the cruise we took.

He did not want to even set foot on Jamaica the second time, but I begged him to just go with me to get some coffee. They do have the best coffee I have ever had!

We found coffee, and headed back to the ship for the rest of the day!

I will say Ochos Rios was really beautiful. I just want to mention that we were there in 1986, so things could have really changed since them~

Good luck and keep us posted! :P
Bianca Stone
Watkins Associate
Order online at www.watkinsonline.com/home, enter ID# 358211

Visit my blog: http://funfood4u.blogspot.com/

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams~Elenor Roosevelt~
bianca5454

Return to Non-Business Discussions