[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Unacceptable postings! Not welcomed

Unacceptable postings! Not welcomed

After you've introduced yourself, feel free to come here and get to know everyone a little better! This board is for non-business discussions only, no advertising is allowed. Thank you!

Unacceptable postings! Not welcomed

Postby bianca5454 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:36 pm

I am sure many of you will agree with me that these postings need to stop!

You are getting nowhere here, so why don't you take your postings somewhere else~
Bianca Stone
Watkins Associate
Order online at www.watkinsonline.com/home, enter ID# 358211

Visit my blog: http://funfood4u.blogspot.com/

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams~Elenor Roosevelt~
bianca5454

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:52 pm

I totally agree. Even if someone here was interested they will be completely turned off by this company putting unacceptable postings on here!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby ravish30 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:35 am

I agree 100%.

I get so sick and tired of seeing those type of spam posts!

Shelly
ravish30

Postby Mellonie » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:02 pm

What's amazing is someone's thought process that spamming and annoying people (mind you, in an environment like this that is suppose to be about networking and getting to know one another) is actually going to build a business for them. What are people thinking?
Mellonie
Personal Wine Consultant
MelzVineyard@yahoo.com
Mellonie

hi

Postby homemaker » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:28 am

The best way to get rid of posters like this is to IGNORE them.
It is sick,and annoying! If we pay them no attention then they will GO AWAY!
homemaker

Postby Mellonie » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:34 am

Can't the site owner ban them and block their IP address so they can't come back?
Mellonie
Personal Wine Consultant
MelzVineyard@yahoo.com
Mellonie

Postby Home&GardenGirl » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:51 am

The admin can remove them once she sees it, and they do get removed, but until she sees them, there they are. And they're listed as guests, anyone can come in and make up a name and be a "guest" so there really isnt a way to prevent it. Best bet is to just ignore it. Just like your junk email, somehow they get your email address (kind of like just dialing the phone, you may end up calling someone unlisted)and then you get all kinds of junk, even blocking it doesnt help because they just use a different email.....stupidsites123@aol...or stupidsites124@aol...they probably have hundreds/thousands to get around blockings.

Oh well... :(
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Mindy Wheeler
Home & Garden Party Independent Designer
gigglezz78@hotmail.com
www.homeandgardenparty.com

** I LUV WHAT I DO...YOU CAN TOO **

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Home&GardenGirl

Postby angienewton » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:10 am

We are doing the best we can! Thanks to a few members who have PM'd me about these unacceptable posts so I can delete them and then send the username info to Steph the owner to remove from the member list. It happens everywhere but we are removing these posts and usernames as we see them.

Feel free to PM me and let me know what topic they are posted under so I can remove them and send the usernames to Steph.
~Angie~

angienewton

Postby Mellonie » Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:46 pm

Thanks Angie!! And, yes, we know it happens everywhere and we know there is only so much anyone can really do about it.

You just have to wonder what goes through some people's minds, thinking that those kinds of posts were going to be acceptable here. Jeez!
Mellonie
Personal Wine Consultant
MelzVineyard@yahoo.com
Mellonie

Return to Non-Business Discussions