[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - What are you reading currently ?

What are you reading currently ?

After you've introduced yourself, feel free to come here and get to know everyone a little better! This board is for non-business discussions only, no advertising is allowed. Thank you!

What are you reading currently ?

Postby SpicyLisa » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:38 am

Hi , Lisa here from Illinois!!

I wanted to know what everyone is currently reading ? Book , magazine , Newspaper , anything at all!!!

I am reading Anne Rice's The Witching Hour and Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone(to my son). Plus a Pampered Chef catalog cuz I'm having a show at the end of June!!

Thanks in Advance!
believe it , you can achieve it!
SpicyLisa

Postby angienewton » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:47 pm

Hi, Angie here from IL!

I'm reading The Secrets of Wealth by Fabio Marciano and every night before bed I read magazines to help wind down the day ;)

Oh and I just received the Direct Selling Newsletter (in print) that I really enjoyed. You can find the subscription info at www.directsellingopportunities.com.

Anyone else?
~Angie~

angienewton

Postby CarrieVita » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:25 pm

I'm trying to read The Devil in the White City... but I've been so busy I've been putting it off.
~*~Kara Vita~*~ Skincare that Delivers!
--Pharmaceutical quality skincare
--Product Education
--Home-based careers for men and women.
Contact me for more information: CarrieVita@aol.com
CarrieVita

Postby mdpathome » Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:50 pm

I'm still attempting to read "East of Eden" from Oprah book club (the first book). I lost the book, starting borrowing from the library but still couldn't finish and didn't want to hold on to the book much longer. Bought a new book and found out a month later that my mom had the book I lost.

It's a really good book. I can't wait to finish it, well maybe by the end of the year.
Topline Creations Scrapbooking
www.topline-creations.com/mpearce

Visit with me At My Casa
www.atmycasa.bravehost.com

Guaranteed Sales - Sponser, Monica Pearce
http://www.wahmonlinemall.com/saleseachmonth.html
mdpathome

Postby Catherine » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:06 pm

Hi, It's Catherine Iam reading Summer Sisters from Judy Blume.

She is giving me insight of what to look out for when my kids become TEENAGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATHERINE
Aloette Cosmetics
Catherine

:)

Postby Lisa » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:27 pm

Sounds like a GREAT read to me! Enjoy and share your tips with everyone! :wink:
Lisa

Postby Melanie_McCool » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:00 pm

Seriously Looking for a Home Business?
NO Large Investment,
NO Delivering of Products,
NO Billings or Collections,
NO Inventory,
NO Risk!! - 100% Money Back Guarantee
$$ Unlimited Income Potential $$
If you are "serious" about changing your financial future,
Visit: http://www.MissionDebtFree.us
-Or- Call direct toll free: 866-548-4640 & speak with me in person
Melanie_McCool

I am currently....

Postby Linda » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:51 am

reading Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf? I love to read, I just have to remind myself to make time to do it. lol

Any suggestions for good books when I am done with this one?
Linda

books

Postby crazydaisy » Thu Aug 12, 2004 9:20 pm

I have read summer sisters by Judy Blume, Loved it!! I am starting Luanne Rice Beach Girls... And my new consultant manual!! :lol:
crazydaisy

I'm reading...

Postby bugnsamsmom » Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:08 pm

My "full-time" job, not my "favorite" job is a manager at the local Barnes & Noble store. If you care to know what the bookseller is reading.

I am re-reading Little Women. I'd read it years ago and never really appreciated it so I've been looking for a "good" classic to read and decided on LW.

I just finished reading Alice Hoffman's newest Blackbird House. I would recommend it to someone who is looking for a good "beach read" that isn't the typical 20-something looking for love book. I never understood why they call those beach reads.

Another book that I have enjoyed and handsell a lot of is PS I Love You. It's a good beach read that borders on the typical beach read. The basic premise is very creative. The author's name escapes me - it starts with an 'A'. She is the 22 year old daughter of the Prime Minister of Ireland. Good first novel.

Well, that's it, happy reading!
If you would be interested in an online book club email me!

Jenn
Independent Bead Retreat Coordinator
mjashenn@earthlink.net
bugnsamsmom

Postby MegMerchant » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:18 pm

Jenn,

Your real job is practically my dream job, so don't knock it...I'm sure the customers can grate on you, but I would practically pay to be surrounded by good books all day. Fantastic. I actually head to the nearest bookstore whenever I need to clear my mind. That book smell is like a narcotic to me. But I digress.

Book of the moment is "Dress your family in corduroy and denim" by David Sedaris. A great collection of essays that is perfect for this hectic mom -- can read several at once or put it down for three weeks without losing the story line. Also have Cold Mountain, The Blind Assasin and The Devil Wears Prada on my bedside table. Depends on the mood.

On the kid front, we are currently reading (and re-reading, and re-reading...) "Herb, the Vegetarian Dragon", which is one of the books I sell through Barefoot Books, and "Richard Scarry's Best Storybook EVER", a timeless relic from my husband's childhood collection.

Happy reading to all,
Last edited by MegMerchant on Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Megan::Barefoot Books
Stallholder #US-1001223
www.barefootbooks.com
MegMerchant

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:06 pm

I'm reading the 6th volume of Stephen King's Dark Tower serier. It's called Song of Susannah. It's awesome - but then again I'm a die hard King fan. I got over 40 of his books.

:D

Postby Deb » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:56 pm

Helter Skelter(read it about 12 times)
Hells Angels/Taking care of business and;
Not Without My Daughter(about 50 times)lol

Not without my daughter with Sally Field is my favorite
movie.
Its a true story.

Im a Gemini/voracious reader.

I have many books and magazines on the go.

I like to read about philoshophy,religion,health and nutrition,cooking and true biographies the most.

Deb
Deb

Cooks Illustrated

Postby kiotis gal » Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:15 pm

I have two young boys, so I haven't read a novel since the last Harry Potter! I did just get a new Cooks Illustrated. What a cool magazine. If you like cooking, it's worth a glance.
Tammi Knapp
Independent Beauty Consultant
Kiotis Paris
www.mykiotis.com
kiotis@lycos.com
kiotis gal

Postby Suzanne » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:37 pm

I just finished reading the Million Dollar Mystery series by Mindy Starns Clark. There are 5 books inthe series
A Penny for yout Thoughts
Don't take any Wooden Nickels
A Dime A Dozen
A Quarter for a Kiss
The Buck Stops Here

They are all very good books, well written and fun!
I also just finished the Yada-Yada Prayer Group books.
Is country decor your style? www.heartwarmingcreations.com

Love pampering yourself? www.lemongrassspa.com
come see our all natural bath & body line!
Suzanne

Next

Return to Non-Business Discussions