[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - monthly files

monthly files

Please post your questions, tips, and ideas on business finances here. No advertising allowed. Thank you!

monthly files

Postby crikster6 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:29 pm

One way that I keep track of my business expense and income is to make a file folder for each month. Any receipts or sales I make that month go into the folder. At the end of the month, go through the folder, and tally up business expenses and income, and detail where the expenses go (total mileage for the month, lunch with a prospect cost, product sales, taxes, convention fees, product purchases, customer sales etc.) Then I take all that monthly stuff and put it in a large envelope and write the totals on the front, and file it away. At the end of the tax year all I have to do is pull out 12 big envelopes, total the different income/expense and I'm done. I just wrap a big rubber band or two around the envelopes and file it in my Tax box in case I ever get audited. It's sure alot easier to remember what a $2.85 receipt for postage was for a few weeks ago than 6 months ago!
Crystal
So much fun stuff! Find out more...
crikter6@yahoo.com
Weekenders, Leaving Prints, Melaleuca, Plantmakers
crikster6

Finances

Postby elan01 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:09 pm

I do the same thing. When I come home from the store, I put my receipts in my file for the month. It's easier to keep track of everything if you do it right away.
E'LAN M. O'BRIEN
UNDERCOVERWEAR AGENT #205457
TAMPA, FLORIDA
813-829-8230
http://www.freewebs.com/elan01/
elan01

Postby propartyplan.com » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:34 pm

Great Idea, I need a simple plan and this may work!!
Marlo Quinn!! Ground Floor Opportunity
http://www.marloquinn.com/naturalglow
ProPartyPlan.Com-Resources for those in direct sales, party plan, work at home business...
Check us out at: http://www.propartyplan.com
propartyplan.com

Postby tjcjlc99 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:32 am

ill have to remember that
tjcjlc99

Postby PrincessHouseKatie » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:05 pm

I use Quick Books for all my tracking. I keep everything together by month for audit purposes, but I put it all into quick books.
Namasté,
Katie
SAHM and Lifestyle Consultant

http://www.princesshouse.com/kwilson008
PrincessHouseKatie

Return to Business Finances