[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - New to Myrtle Beach area, South Carolina

New to Myrtle Beach area, South Carolina

Please take a minute to tell us a little about yourself.

New to Myrtle Beach area, South Carolina

Postby mel7ackerman » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:24 pm

Hello!

I have recently moved to South Carolina and am interested in becoiming a home party consultant in order to supplement my income. Unfortunately my income drastically decreased since moving from Baltimore.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a popular plan here in South Carolina??

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Melissa
mel7ackerman

hi

Postby homemaker » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:19 pm

Hello and welcome to Home Party Plan Network! I am only 3.5 hours away from Myrtle Beach. I am in Goldsboro N.C.
If you are looking for a direct sales company then you have to first figure out what you are passionate about.
You could go for a new company or go for something that has been around for awhile,maybe something you are familiar with.
I would also figure out what everyone else in your area is doing.Myrtle Beach is a big area,but you would'nt want to sign with a company that is oversaturated.
Since money is a concern then I would recommend finding a company that would allow you to earn your kit by having a home show.That is a greta way to meet your neighbors! I have invited new neighbors to my parties and they do show up.
You sound like you are interested in making money now so companies that offer highter commissions instead of one that starts low,but adds up as you recruit would probably be better.Adult direct sales companies are the higher paying commissions. I will pm you a few I know.
Take your time and look at all your options.
Good luck!
homemaker

Postby allhisblessings » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:34 am

WELCOME!!!

I'm Angie, wife of 19 years and homeschooling/sahm to 5 wonderful children (ages 15-4) and we are expecting #6 in March, 2006. We live in NY state.

We have an EBAY store to help supplement our income. We also sell Stuff A Friend animal kits, GREETING CAKES, Cello In A Box products, and Party Supplies for all occasions!

I look forward to getting to know you!
God bless, Angie---wahm to 6 blessings

allhisblessings

Postby passion4more » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:38 am

Welcome to the group. I am a mom of 2.5 kids... Mercy 3, Caleb 2, and one due in March. I am glad you found us.. this is a great place. The women here are great. Anyhow I am with a wonderful company.. Arbonne. It is $29 to join.. I love it and have been with other companies. I am a District Manager with them. I started a year ago but have been using the products for 15 yrs. I also love that I don't have to do parties if I don't want to. If you ever want to hear more let me know. My husband also works from home doing real estate investing. We love having the freedom of both time and money. We were in a very different place last year at this time. Anyhow I hope you find what you are looking for. Good luck!
Kim
Come check us out!!! www.passion4more.myarbonne.com
passion4more

Welcome!

Postby jewelrylady98 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:46 pm

Welcome to the boards! :D We love Mrytle Beach!! My husband is a huge fan of golf and we actually took our honeymoon there!!
I am sure you can get lots of ideas here for different party plan companies. What are your interests? For me it was a no-brainer...I love jewelry! I chose Premier Designs High Fashion Jewelry www.PremierDesigns.com
~Shay
"If you can wear jewelry, YOU can sell jewelry!"
http://www.ryze.com/go/ShayDLady

Do you KNOW what is in your household products?
http://www.themomteam.com/smw98
jewelrylady98

Postby tonja » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:31 pm

Welcome to the Forum
You will find there are MANY Direct Sales Biz out there
You need to see what you can have fun with, will you use the product, will you like getting others to use it as well - it has to be something that you are really into, else it shows when trying to sell - take a look at the assorted Biz listed on the forum, look at what others have in thier signature lines - if you find something that enterests you - check with another rep and see how many folks are already doing it in your area - is it swamped in your area with reps - are there no reps in your area - there are many things to consider when looking for something
But be certain to ask questions, start up fees, minimum requirements to stay active - how and where you can advertise and how and where you can sell the products and on and on and on!
Best of Luck in your search, let us know what you decide on!
Tonja
tonja
Site Moderator

Postby bianca5454 » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:50 pm

Hi Melissa~
Welcome to the board! :P You will like this community! You've already gotten a lot of great info~

What sort of things interest you? Check out sig lines as well as the advertising folder.

Most home biz's do have a start up cost of sort. And some do offer an earn toward your kit option as we do (Watkins). Also keep in mind that some have minimum requirements as well, and some don't~

I'd be happy to share some info with you about Watkins as well~

Good luck in your search and remember to always ask LOTS of questions! :P
Bianca Stone
Watkins Associate
Order online at www.watkinsonline.com/home, enter ID# 358211

Visit my blog: http://funfood4u.blogspot.com/

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams~Elenor Roosevelt~
bianca5454

Postby BarbB » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:02 pm

Hi Melissa:

It's nice to meet you. I was born and raised in Baltimore and now live in Millersville, MD.

Like the others said, you need to find something that you can get excited about. Check people's signature lines that interest you (that's how I found my business), and ask lots of questions.

Best of luck in your search.

Barb
www.CandleSuccessInfo.com
BarbB

Welcome from Sunny Tampa, Florida!

Postby Colleen Happy Labels » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:33 pm

I am Colleen Sullivan, founder of Happy Labels Personalized Stationery. We have a network of Independent Consultants who work at home. I look forward to getting to know you!
Colleen Sullivan
Happy Labels
colleen@happylabels.com

Colleen Happy Labels

Postby ravish30 » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:43 pm

Hi Melissa

Welcome to HPPN!!! Myrtle Beach is a beautiful area.

You will want to join a company that has a good proven track record and one that sells something that you like and has a good consultant plan.

Shelly
ravish30

Postby dali0909 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:52 pm

Hi! I can totally help you out with yoru parties. Do you need ? If you do I can be a huge help to you. Thisis what I do, I am a party planner and supplier and at my sites you will find everything that you need and for cheap too! Sp let me know if you need anything in particular.
Dali

dali0909

Welcome

Postby libbysmom » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:49 am

Welcome to Home Party Plan Network!

I love Myrtle Beach, we live in Pennsylvanie and visit Myrtle Beach (Garden City area) as often as we can, usually once a year.

I am a Team Leader with Bittersweet Candle, Bittersweet Candles are awesome, made from the highest ingredients available, they burn clean, last long and the scent lasts throughout the entire burn.

During the month of January, the start up cost is only $20.00!!! If you woul like more information, please email to: kimbren@bittersweetcandle.com
libbysmom

Postby Colleen Happy Labels » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:59 am

Hi Melissa, I was checking in with you to see how you are coming along with finding the right business for you. Have you found one in your area yet? We do not have consultants in your area yet, and would like one. Do you like personalized stationery? If yes, please click the yellow banner below to check out our Independent Consultant's plan, where you earn 30%. Any feedback regarding our website would be great too!
Colleen Sullivan
Happy Labels
colleen@happylabels.com

Colleen Happy Labels

Welcome from North Carolina

Postby hometeamMOM » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:41 pm

Welcome to the boards!

I have found this to be an awesome place so far and I think you will too.
There's alot of people here doing a VARIETY of things. I think you find what you are looking for here. Don't give up on your search.
Welcome again.

Aretha Best
Taste of Home Magazine is launching a new party plan company in Spring 2006. Enrollment is limited to 3,000 CHARTER CONSULTANTS nationally. Call 919.598.0131 or contact me at ab3k39@aol.com or sign up here:
http://www.hometeamsite.com/join/abest
hometeamMOM

Return to Introduce Yourself