[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4586: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4588: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4589: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4590: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3765)
Home Party Plan Network Message Boards • View topic - Yet Another Newbie

Yet Another Newbie

Please take a minute to tell us a little about yourself.

Yet Another Newbie

Postby Lil Miss Bad Dog » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:41 pm

Hello Everyone!

I just recently became a Partylite consultant.
My first show is Feb 12th and I get more and more nervous as the day gets closer.

Any advice on how to calm the nerves?

Thanks!
Bev
Partylite Consulant
Lil Miss Bad Dog

Postby Slah_Crystal » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:43 pm

Welcome!
I love partylite candles!
Don't worry about being nervous. Just think of it as a night out with the ladies. :D
Crystal LaLone-Krepel

Independent Consultant

The Site For Home Party Plan Reps and Consultants!!
http://www.homepartyplanreps.com
Slah_Crystal

Postby NightfallFashions » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:03 pm

Welcome to the boards!

Wish I knew how to calm your nerves. I to am having a party coming up soon, and am really nervous. My business partener told me try not to concentrate to much on the presentation. Just make it feel like your just having a conversation about your products to your friends. I hope it works for you! I will let you know if it works for me after my first party!

*hugs*

:)
Lingerie? Adult toys? Honest discussions about sexuality? Discreet adult shopping?
All that, and more:

NightfallFashions

Postby allhisblessings » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:15 pm

WELCOME!!!

I'm Angie, wife of 19 years and homeschooling/sahm to 5 wonderful children (ages 15-4) and we are expecting #6 in March, 2006. We live in NY state.

We have an EBAY store to help supplement our income. We also sell Stuff A Friend & Stuff N Snuggle animal/doll kits, GREETING CAKES, Kandie Kisses, Cello In A Box products, and Party Supplies for all occasions!

I look forward to getting to know you!
God bless, Angie---wahm to 6 blessings

allhisblessings

Postby passion4more » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:22 am

Welcome to the group! I wish I could help calm your nerves.. but when I did shows it never happend for me.. I always got nerves. I don't do home parties and I feel much more calm now.. I do more of a one on one approach. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
Kim
Come check us out!!! www.passion4more.myarbonne.com
passion4more

Postby Sterling Silver Mary » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:50 am

Hi Ladies

Good luck with your parties! Keep in mind that almost EVEYRONE in direct sales was nervous at first. Think of all the people making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year doing this and they were nervous at their first show!

I remember listening to one of the top directors in my former company speak at convention. She was up there, won all sorts of awards, had a huge team and I'm sure, making plenty of money. She was speaking to thousands of women on center stage in the spot light and she explained how when she started, she was so shy that she couldn't even order dinner at the McDonald's drive up window! Can you imagine? If she was driving, she actually made her passanger reach over her & place the order (think of that when you get nervous!)

One thing I can say is that it does get easier! I was very nervous at my first show and my 2nd and 3rd and 4th, etc! Now it is like second nature. I agree - don't worry so much about a presentation & saying the right thing, know & love your product & just talk about it. If nothing else, know where you can go to find the answers (your catalog, etc) You'll ALWAYS think of something on the way home that you should have said but no big deal! And don't be afraid to say "excuse me ladies, I forgot to tell you about our awesome hostess program" or whatever, ladies are very forgiving!

Best of luck!
Mary
:D
Mary Novick
sterling_silver_mary@yahoo.com
Incredible .925 Sterling Silver Jewelry
"Everytime I go to work, I end up at a party!"
Sterling Silver Mary

Postby glsirois » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:41 am

Welcome!
I think being nervous is just a fact of life. LOL
As long as you really love what you're telling people about, your enthusiasm will be contagious.
Don't expect everyone to be interested.
When they're not, don't take it personal.
Just thank them for listening, and move on.
Best of luck with your business!
:) Ginger

glsirois

Postby ravish30 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:38 am

Hi Bev

Welcome to HPPN message boards! I think most people are nervous for their first party...that will wear off and you will love doing the parties, they are so much fun! Good Luck!

Shelly
ravish30

Welcome!

Postby jewelrylady98 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:01 pm

Welcome to the boards! :D I am with Premier Designs jewelry.
~Shay
"If you can wear jewelry, YOU can sell jewelry!"
http://www.ryze.com/go/ShayDLady

Do you KNOW what is in your household products?
http://www.themomteam.com/smw98
jewelrylady98

Postby bianca5454 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:45 am

Hi Bev~
Welcome, Welcome! It's great to have you here! :P I have two girls and live in Ohio~ I also have my own home biz with Watkins products, and have had a blast with it~

I look forward to chatting with you more on the board~ :P
Bianca Stone
Watkins Associate
Order online at www.watkinsonline.com/home, enter ID# 358211

Visit my blog: http://funfood4u.blogspot.com/

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams~Elenor Roosevelt~
bianca5454

Return to Introduce Yourself